lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Dropped Cell...Just like that?

Over the weekend (Saturday morning) cart started giving me trouble. Big sutter and would not move. Found it odd especially that overall pack voltage has been stable and everything else was working as it should. Checked individual battery voltage and all but one were reading 6.3 - 6.4 volts. One read 3.7 volts.

Thanks to this sites as resource I knew that one battery dropped a cell, or something along those lines. Just wondering if it is normal to happen without warning. Keep in mind that the one batter in question is one that was on my cart when it rolled down and hill. This was approximatley a year ago.
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dropped Cell...Just like that?

Hello Joe,
Your diagnosis sounds spot on to me. Remember these batteries took a tumble in the accident (last year?) and this may have resulted some internal damage which caused this cell to become disconnected.

It just happens to some batteries. Glad you found it so easily.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
JMGreco
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Scotty
JMGreco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A battery can fail at anytime! I've had several do it throughout my lifetime. Got in my truck, drove to Publix ( 4 miles ), and when I went to leave, Nothing! I pushed the truck, it started and I drove back home. When I did a load test on the battery, Nothing! The voltmeter didn't even register at all! Yep, batteries just die when they feel like it!
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO