lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #31
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

That's true essness and I do somewhat regret doing that. Can I change my name to just say "BatteryZombie" ? Or do I need to start a new identity? Help from the moderators on this? Thanks in advance.
BatteryZombiedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #32
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedchaser View Post
I doubt battery companies would push desulfators as they would rather sell new bats.
That is a good point...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #33
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

One could also argue that the reason battery manufactures don't make de-sulfators is because they are not needed.... After all most battery manufactures don't make chargers, and we would all agree is not because they rather you buy a new battery than recharge them.

I think the frustrating thing about all of those devices or chemicals that supposedly extend the battery life is the lack of scientific testing.

I have no reason to doubt that some folks that use these products experience benefit, but how do we know is related to the product?

If you read most clinical test results, you would think that a placebo pill cures just about anything. That is because a certain percent of folks in the "controlled group" will experience a cure.

In a scientific test, You need to take in account the percentage of folks in the "controlled group" (taking placebo) against the percentage of folks that got better by taking the actual drug.

Even if the "test group" experiences a cure rate far greater than the "controlled group", You still need further tests to make sure the increase was not caused by the measuring methodology.
For example a "loose weight pill" that must be taken while "following a sensible diet and regular exercise"....you get the point.

If any such study in the effectiveness of these devices against just following the recommendations by the battery manufactures or cart manufactures has ever been done, I cannot find them posted in the sites that sell these devices.

I am not a chemical or battery expert, so this is just my opinion. If anyone ever came across one of those studies, please share with us.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #34
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

BZ now you are putting words in my mouth, misinterpreting what I'm saying and not seeing the obvious information put in front of you. Sulfer build up will happen no matter what. Properly maintained batteries can net some people 8-9 years no joke look on this site. Proper maintenence beats gimmicks every time. I'm done arguing over your products which I have said a couple times that it's not completely useless it will pay off to people that don't do proper maintence (which is the nicest thing I can say). But I think we are to the point you either need to quit pitching your stuff here or become a site sponsor. Personally I'm voting for the first one.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #35
BatteryZombiedotcom
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Does anyone HAVE one of these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
Sulfer build up will happen no matter what.
Jc,
If I may gently correct you on your quote without hurting any feeling, that should read " 'Sulfate' buildup will happen no matter what."
(just want to be technically accurate for forum users benefit.)

I was simply trying to illustrate how ridiculously difficult it is to properly maintain lead acid (golf cart) batteries. (With some good technical information to boot)

As for your quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
you either need to quit pitching your stuff here or become a site sponsor.
Why are you taking such offense to these posts? Just refer to the thread TITLE! lol

If it makes you feel any better, I had already been in contact with the ad manager and will be an official site sponsor after Memorial Day! Then you can click on my display ad and contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Be well and Happy Buggying!
BatteryZombiedotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryZombiedotcom View Post

If it makes you feel any better, I had already been in contact with the ad manager and will be an official site sponsor after Memorial Day! Then you can click on my display ad and contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #37
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryZombiedotcom View Post
Jc,
If I may gently correct you on your quote without hurting any feeling, that should read " 'Sulfate' buildup will happen no matter what."
(just want to be technically accurate for forum users benefit.)

I was simply trying to illustrate how ridiculously difficult it is to properly maintain lead acid (golf cart) batteries. (With some good technical information to boot)

As for your quote:

Why are you taking such offense to these posts? Just refer to the thread TITLE! lol

Well BZ looks like I may have under estimated you. For that I apologize. After reading your reply I actually have to thank you. You have no idea how bad it was driving me nuts to think of sulfate. And good luck on becoming a sponsor. I mean that.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car