lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
bobcat27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Backup alarm sounds when F/R switch is in forward.

Hello All,
I recently upgraded some of the components in my 98 EZ-GO TXT series cart. I installed a new Altrex NPX 400 amp controller/solenoid combination and HD F/R and reverse switch and new 4 gauge battery and motor cables. Everything functions correctly except the backup alarm. I reinstalled the connection on the switches in the exact same positions they were in on the original F/R switch. There were 3 wires on the original switches: orange, red and blue. When the red wire is installed on the common terminal the cart operates in forward direction when the lever is moved to the forward position and reverse in the reverse position. My problem is the alarm sounds in the forward direction. I have looked at the diagram but, I can't figure out what is in correct on the switches MS2 and MS4. The cart will only operate with the red wire connected which causes the alarm to sound as soon as it is connected. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bobcat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
pb3
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Backup alarm sounds when F/R switch is in forward.

Mine did the same thing and I just about went crazy trying to get it right.I installed the lever behind the foward and reverse lever upside down.Then you might have to swap s1 and s2 on the motor.
pb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #3
bobcat27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Pb3 thanks for the reply. When I removed the original F/R switch I didn't pay much attention to the orientation of the coupling on the shaft. So, what you are saying is that the F/R selector should be in the reverse position and then attach the coupling so the end is pointing back toward the drivers side? You wouldn't happen to have picture of how it is supposed to be installed would you? I think I may have to reverse S1 and S2. The F/R switch has turned into the most difficult portion of my up grade.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
bobcat27
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

pb3,
Thanks for the heads-up, your input solved my problem. No need for the photo I had 1 on my phone. I did reverse S1 and S2 after reinstalling the lever linkage correctly and I am good to go. Once again, thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO