lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
eznude
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car OBC Removal

I have a 2000 CC Carrayall 6, the obc is mainly used by the charger, mine went bad and I replaced it with a self contained charger, when I hook up the last battery cable, the last neg., I get a large spark, I have determined most of the spark is because the obc is still powering up, when I disconnect the power to it the cart won't move. There is only 2 wires coming out of the obc I don't understand. The small brown wire goes to the warning light on the dash, it flashs when there is a charger problem, that charger is gone, not needed. The small yellow wire goes to the solenoid, I beleive this is the ground side, does anybody know if I can wire this straight to battery ground and completly remove the obc? thanks
eznude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car OBC Removal

The OBC supplied the negative side of the activation circuit. This way it could interupt this supply when the charger was on for safety. You can connect directly to the controller B- for this solenoid activation supply and the cart will run fine but .... there will be no safety interlock with the charger.
To prevent some one from driving off with the charger in tow run the charge cord through the steering wheel before pluggin it into the cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
eznude
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car OBC Removal

Thanks, I thought this might of been a safety feature, that would explain the small gray wire that would normally go to the charger plug. What's unusual about this, is in the Carryall 6's, the charger is built in with a 110 cord that pulls out for charging, the charger is never unhooked from the system.
Thanks again, I'm going to remove the obc completely, one less thing to go wrong.
eznude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car, obc
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car