lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2014, 06:04 PM   #21
Budule
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Steps I should take to get first cart ready?

I have my reverse at 24 volts I think....36 was too crazy with kids on there....
Budule is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #22
Scott H.
Gone Wild

Club Car

One thing I haven't seen mentioned on here so far (unless I missed it) is the tires. Make sure they aren't going to need refilling all the time or blow out on her.

If she constantly needs to mess with them every time she wants to use the cart, she will get disillusioned with the idea and it'll just sit there with flat tires instead of being used. Trust me on this, my mother would push mow her yard instead of filling the rear tire of her riding mower just so she wouldn't have to mess with it. Once I fixed the tire, she's back to riding instead of pushing a lawn mower.

-Scott H.
Scott H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #23
crash test dummy

you can use cart as soon as you unplug it with out problems .. i just said to let it sit to see where batteries are

36v reverse too but for her i'd say 18v
Old 04-20-2014, 08:25 AM   #24
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks.

They put one new tire on it before got it. I might get a couple though, one on the front is a bit low on tread and one on the back might have a real slow leak. It got a little low after about a week, but hasn't since I aired it up, so not sure on that one yet.

I cant wait to redo the seats and paint it! Going to do some bondo work on the front end before paint to get some of the deep scratches out. She wants it a darker blue color for the cart and white or lighter blue on the seats.

If I pop off those black plastic pieces on top of the rear quarter area, what hold those on, just plastic clips that I can get new ones for if need to, like those push in car type clips? Probably remove those to paint it I would think? maybe take the front emblem off as well when paint it.

When inspecting under it, I did find 2 small cracks but doesn't seem an issue for now. It is in the part that the tube welds to the frame. the tube towards the front that goes through the frame and has supports on it going to the front body section. It only 2 small cracks. Hope its ok for awhile, I have a 230volt Mig welder but am not set up for aluminum right now and want to get a better welder when I setup for aluminum too (maybe not till later this year or so).
eBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:26 AM   #25
crash test dummy

yea just plastic push pins , defiantly take off name plate and cleat guards .. also bag well mat .. armorall good for them .. small cracks is ok for now .. what was volts after 12hr rest ?
Old 04-20-2014, 12:54 PM   #26
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks.

Was 38.4 this morning.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #27
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBandit View Post
Thanks.

Was 38.4 this morning.
good deal.. your charger is workin
Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #28
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I didn't get to do much for a bit cause a medication change from my Dr. didnt work out well at all and messed me up. But the last change we tried has me doing better than previously.

Anyway, updates, the battery charger was cutting off too soon and I heard a noise, it was arcing inside at the capacitor where it plugged in. Tipp City Golf Carts put another capacitor in it today.

Couldn't find a Club car top, but we got an EZGO top for $40. It has a few small cracks around where the bolts go through the top (not in the top surface just the recessed part) so I am going to get some decent plastic epoxy (any suggestions) to epoxy it and maybe epoxy a washer in there. I need to do the same in two small sections on the side on one of the seems.

Last night I fabricated supports to mount the top, still need to finish welding, it's just good tack job right now. It is VERY sturdy so I think I will have rubber grommets between the steel frame and the top and also between the bolt head and the top so the top is allowed a little flex (sound ok?).

Ordered her some spare keys on eBay and got a waterproof Blue gauge from Amazon for $12.99 (4.5-150V DC).

Still have to redo the seats (got vinyl already) and paint the top and cart darker blue. It will get there though

Checked gauge with a 9volt:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140520_205630.jpg (134.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140520_205638.jpg (153.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140520_205646.jpg (144.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140520_205711.jpg (165.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140520_205703.jpg (171.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #29
crash test dummy

looks like you got it going good

i like this
Gorilla Epoxy

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.ph...AodEGYAigepoxy
Old 05-21-2014, 11:59 PM   #30
eBandit
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
looks like you got it going good

i like this
Gorilla Epoxy
http://www.gorillatough.com/index.ph...AodEGYAigepoxy
Thanks! My mother is in your state at the moment (on vacation visiting family).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car