lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
skymast
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent Front lights / front blinkers not working .... Where do I start looking?

I have an 09 Precedent with full light kit (lights, blinkers, horn, brake lights). Brake lights work, rear blinkers work, horn works, but the front lights and blinkers do not. Where should I start looking to trouble shoot this? Thx!
skymast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 07:24 AM   #2
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent Front lights / front blinkers not working .... Where do I start looking

Right behind the light up front is a 9 pin connector, start there. It is sorta tight but push it together to see if it was loose.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 AM   #3
skymast
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent Front lights / front blinkers not working .... Where do I start looking

Checked that. That is fine. It seems to be a controller or fuse related issue.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to test for voltage from the wiring harness, if your getting rear lights and not getting power to the front. There should be a connector under the dash panel, test there for your 12 volts then work your way back. Just because these connectors are made up doesn't mean they are good you have to test to make sure they are conducting, they are cheesy and easy to have loose connections internally, the pins don't always make up well and tend to push out. I'm assuming this because you have power to the back lights and they are all supplied from the same source and the front is completely dead from what your saying.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
skymast
Not Yet Wild

The lights and left blinker now work 'sometimes' so it's some type of gremlin!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 AM   #6
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like a lose connection. The Molex connectors are famous for that. If you separate the connector on one end and look at the pins, there is a male side and a female side usually one of the pins pushed back in the socket or loose. If really bad I'll push it out and carefully bend the retainers back out so they can grip the socket when you push it back in.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car