lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 97 DS 48 volt solenoid clicks and won't move and charger won't turn on

I'll add to everyone else's posts, that before you charge your batteries, check each one individually with a DMM. You may have one (or more) that are bad. Here's a chart to help with specific gravity and state of charge (soc).
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #12
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Default Re: 97 DS 48 volt solenoid clicks and won't move and charger won't turn on

OK charger came on but it is only showing about 3 amps on the charger. This is a good charger from another cart
grandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #13
grandpa1
Gone Wild

Bypass is working but charger is only putting out like 3 amps. This charger is good. It puts out wide open on another cart
Old 05-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #14
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK charger never went past 3 amps. I checked the fuse at the bypass and it is good. I put fuse back in and now I have nothing again. Charger won't turn on.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:54 AM   #15
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK I am still stuck trying to figure this thing out this morning.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You only did a partial OBC by-pass, specifically the charger relay activation circuit.

I would try an OBC reset as apparently the older software version of the OBC was prone to locking up. You can just follow the procedure on the stickie.

If that does not help, you can run a 10 gauge cable directly from the charger socket negative pin directly to the pack negative. That in addition to the previous "sense wire" by-pass will completely by-pass the OBC charging control.

Keep in mind that there will be nothing to stop the batteries from overcharging when the by-pass is in place, so keep a DVM handy and disconnect the charger once the package voltage gets up to 60v.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:09 AM   #17
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpa1 View Post
OK I am still stuck trying to figure this thing out this morning.
How did the voltages of your batteries come out? All it takes to down the whole battery pack, is one dead cell in one battery.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
grandpa1
Gone Wild

all the batteries were pretty equal when I checked it was a voltmeter They were around 7.80
Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 AM   #19
grandpa1
Gone Wild

I will try to do another reset on the OBC in just a few minutes
Old 05-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #20
grandpa1
Gone Wild

OK my question is what is the problem gonna be if the jumper wire works? Is it the OBC ? Do I replace it or can I just do without it and make it work?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car