lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
Rough1
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation '95 Club Car 48v wont go!

Alright guys I need help. I was given a '95 model 48v club car, it sat up for two years before it was given to me. I put new batteries in it, and it ran like a champ. The OBC has some issues but that isnt what this is about. I lifted it and put some new tires on it the other day so I took it out for a spin today. I parked it for five minutes, and when I got back on it it wouldnt do anything.

I first checked the F&R switch, i jumped the solonoid with a screwdriver and it worked. I figured that the solonoid was bad, bought a new one and still the same problem except now I cant jump the solonoid anymore.

I checked the voltage on the Batteries and it was 48.3 v. I charged till I got 52v and still the same thing. Any ideas?
Rough1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: '95 Club Car 48v wont go!

Step one is to verify that you got all the wires back right on the new solenoid - the diagram for your cart is post #14 here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...iagrams-2.html

Step 2: use a small jumper wire to connect a wire from the SMALL terminal with the SMALL yellow wire to the B- terminal on the controller. Then try driving it. Let us know what you find.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
Rough1
Not Yet Wild

Will do, Thanks!
Old 06-15-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Rough1
Not Yet Wild

Still nothing after connecting the jumper wire to B- on the controller.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

test/check the micro switch (ms) on the F&R closest to the front end of the cart... if it's good check the ms in the V glide.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Rough1
Not Yet Wild

I am a little confused. Testing continuity of the ms on the f/r switch the switch seems fine, however voltage does not transfer through the switch. The one in the V glide seems to be working. By the way, how much voltage should I be seeing at the switch?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Rough1
Not Yet Wild

Changed all of the micro switches on the forward/reverse switch. One was bad. Still same results.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car