lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

I would lube the bushing with a grease and the springs with a dry silicone lubricant so it won't squeak, mine can drive me crazy on a bumpy road.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #12
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent Dual Action Heavy Duty Overload Leaf Spring For CC Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaticrider View Post
Looking forward to hearing an update on these springs as I've been shopping for some at the moment...
lunaticrider,
I will post my progress as I go. All my stuff should be be here on the 8th and I hope to start the build the following weekend. Got the Max 5 seat ordered today too.
I will post how the ride is but it might be hard to tell with the lift and new tires and wheels?
crunchman
crunchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #13
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterman View Post
I would lube the bushing with a grease and the springs with a dry silicone lubricant so it won't squeak, mine can drive me crazy on a bumpy road.
Scooterman,
Would a white lithium be suitable for the bushings? Would I just smear it on the brass before
inserting into the rubber part or also lube the rubber before putting it into the leaf?
How would I lube the springs?
Sorry for the dumb questions, I fix houses not carts or cars but I will be able to stumble through this build.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
crunchman
Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #14
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

The kit should come with bushings I lubed them up with regular grease but I'm sure what you have will work. I lubed it all up lol, it squeeked bad. The springs are different, I used Dupont Teflon noon stick dry film lubricant got at Lowe's. Just laid the springs on the side and dropped in the tiny area where they stack on top of each other, it will soak in the gaps. No dumb questions and I'm no expert lol so I know you will be fine. Be prepaid to jack up the car, use stands and if you have a very long pry bar it may come in handy when assembling also a little help is better.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:45 AM   #15
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I used Amsoil water resistant synthetic grease when assembling my lift, just regret not getting the HD springs before....
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #16
crunchman
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the tips guys.
crunchman
Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #17
texan
Gone Wild

Replace my HD springs with overloads but could not get them to stop squeaking so went back to the HD. The bushings did not come with the springs had to buy them separate. The bushing they sent me were plastic so I used my old bushings.
texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #18
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Long ago my ones of my bosses had a motor home with squeaky springs. I would jack the wheels of the ground by lifting the frame which would open up the leaf springs somewhat. I would then you a spray can of open gear lube with the little red snooter tube attached so that I could get the stream right in the spaces in between the leaves.... After a couple of apps it quit squeaking altogether...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #19
lunaticrider
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Texan, do you still have the overloads? For sale?
lunaticrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #20
RhinoGuy
Not Yet Wild

How did these end up riding? I think I may need to replace my rear springs because even without a load they are sagging. Makes my cart feel like its surging when I take off because the rear sinks and then flops back up.
RhinoGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car