lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
livinadream
Not Yet Wild

Default bettery break in question

i just got my battery guage from scotty in the mail yesterday and installed it. my batteries are about 2 weeks old and in the battery break in procedure it says to run down to about 75% then recharge fully the first 12 times (i think). since i didnt have my battery guage until yesterday, it has just been a guessing game. apparently i have only been bringing them down to about 90-95%. how important is it to get down to around 75? i rode close to 4.5 miles yesterday and was still reading 50.2-50.3 (this is with the cart stopped) which shows to be about 85%. is it important that i get to 75% or just that i dont get below that? if so is it going to hurt to ride for a couple days without charging, so i can get that low? also do i get my reading while riding or when stopped? thanks in advance
livinadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: bettery break in question

take reading at rest (10min)
the 75% is the most to bring the new batteries down the first few charge cycles
after that run it like you stole it just not below 50%... lol ... you will see an increase in performance as batteries break in
Old 07-29-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
livinadream
Not Yet Wild

thank you, so basically what im doing is correct?
livinadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
crash test dummy

yes ..also you can park it and plug it as we say .. the batteries do not have a memory like phone batteries .. also keep an eye on water and only fill after charge with distilled water
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car