lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-10-2014, 09:18 PM   #11
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: My new toy, I need help.

I thought I could see a two prong type charger port fuse from the rear in one of the pics. Curious as to the charger, CC Accupower? Don't know if they even made those clear into 01 or not...

You might get lucky and be able to fit a standard golf cart motor onto that bad boy, I'd imagine hitting the speeds some of our carts do on that thing would be quite scary though.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I spent a little time doing some research. There is a tag that has the serial # that says Mfg. by Solo Rider Inc. Englewood CA under license from Club Car. The controller is a SEM Zero 36/200. Here are some additional pics. Update, Here is their website.

http://www.solorider.com/

55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #13
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Run / Off / Tow switch? That's interesting. I wonder what the difference is between Tow and Off
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #14
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Run / Off / Tow switch? That's interesting. I wonder what the difference is between Tow and Off
It has an automatic brake that engages. I assume it is some kind of solenoid that locks the rear wheels or it is like a line lock on a drag car. I think when it comes to a stop, the parking brake engages automatically. The tag on the steering column says that brake disengages when placed in tow. It also says if it is being stored or the batteries are being serviced, it should be in the off position. I'll know soon because I am going to take the seat and rear body off and have a look around. Do you think Club Car would send me a service manual if I called them?

I was just reading Solo Rider's website. The speed is 12MPH. Gotta turn that wick up.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #15
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I see a lot of people driving their Jazzy electric wheelchairs around town. I'd bet they would love to have one of those.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #16
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Its a club car handicap(able) golf cart. Seat swivels for player to stay on cart and hit the ball.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #17
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

That's Cool,I keep seeing these online from different mfgs',but they aren't around for sale.I want to find one,lift it,and use it off-road,I bet it would be a blast!Imagine it with a Plum-Quick or ScottyB setup.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:35 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55BigBlock View Post
It has an automatic brake that engages. I assume it is some kind of solenoid that locks the rear wheels or it is like a line lock on a drag car. I think when it comes to a stop, the parking brake engages automatically. The tag on the steering column says that brake disengages when placed in tow. It also says if it is being stored or the batteries are being serviced, it should be in the off position. I'll know soon because I am going to take the seat and rear body off and have a look around. Do you think Club Car would send me a service manual if I called them?

I was just reading Solo Rider's website. The speed is 12MPH. Gotta turn that wick up.
. . I wonder if the motor has an electric brake on it similar to ones I have worked on in industrial environments . . the brake is defaulted to "on" (mechanically) when power to motor is removed and when power to motor is provided, it also powers the electric brake to "off" (electrically) . . . this brake is normally mounted to the back side of the motor . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:21 PM   #19
deepwood
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This looks like a solorider. Check out solorider.com, neat machine.
deepwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:39 AM   #20
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well a lot has happened since my last post. I nursed the old batteries along and was able to get them up to about 12.5 V after settling down. The cart will move forward and backward. The forward/reverse switch wasn't working but a little contact cleaner took care of that. The throttle cable assembly going to the handle bars is broken but I think I can fix them. I thought about using a motorcycle throttle but if I decide to sell it I want to keep it original. It has a solenoid that locks the brakes when it stops. The run/off/tow switch keeps it engaged unless it is in tow unless the batteries are dead. (Maybe what Steve described in his post) Then it stays locked until you get power to the system. From the pics can anyone tell anything about the controller? I assume it is a series system. What can I do to speed it up? Also the ACCUPOWER charger seems to boil the batteries. Does it automatically cut back and cut off when it is fully charged? I called Solo Rider, the company who made it for CC twice. I can't get any info from them. If anybody has a manual or diagram or knows anything about the controller system please let me know.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car