lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #1
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Default More speed

Hey guys. Haven't been on in a while. Bought a 94 club car DS back in the summer and thanks to my buddy fishwishn it has come a long way.
I am really happy with it except I would really like to get a little more Speed out of it without spending too much $.
It will Cruise at 13 and creep up to 14 MPH on a full charge.
I would be satisfied with 18.
Any ideas??ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416804721.493807.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416804757.373966.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1416804777.740421.jpg
Fishnnmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2014, 05:51 AM   #2
billy h
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: More speed

How old are the batteries?
What is the voltage?
Is the drive system stock?
Where are you located?
What is the terrain like?
billy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:47 AM   #3
fastbasser
Getting Wild

Best (and least expensive) way is a motor swap.. There are some good ones out there.. Good helpful dealers on this site as well..
fastbasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy h View Post
How old are the batteries?
What is the voltage?
Is the drive system stock?
Where are you located?
What is the terrain like?

I wouldn't normally reply for someone else, however I know fishnnmore is busy tonight and I know he is anxiously awaiting inputs and ideas so I'll attempt to answer those questions.

It's a 36v resister
Drive system is stock
Located in S/E Texas
Terrain is flat - concrete and grass with the occasional curb and ditch

Would upgraded battery cables help any?

OBTW fishnnmore- I had a blast working on that beast. Thanks for your help on blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fishinbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:56 AM   #5
Doctord
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Bigger cables alone will not increase the speed. Consider this, If you put a fire hose on the faucet on your house, would you get more water coming out? you will need a bigger controller, larger cables, solenoid, FnR switch, etc, they all work together. No easy or cheap way to get more speed !
Doctord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #6
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Since it is lifted, it is only a matter of time until one of the 36v components melts. The resistor setups were not meant to and bigger tires and a lift on the cart. That will increase the amperage flow through all of these components. Eventually, something will melt. Is convert to a solid state setup. Check with ScottyB, he has great kits
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #7
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Wow!! That's scary. Thanks guys!!
Old 11-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #8
billy h
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yep. Call scottyb. Leave the stock 36v motor and swap for 48v solid state set up is the way to go but costs a good bit and need new batteries or two more 6v. I think the PQ bandit will work with resistor carts but not sure about lifted. Call them first and see what they say.
billy h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:31 PM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Since it is lifted, it is only a matter of time until one of the 36v components melts. The resistor setups were not meant to and bigger tires and a lift on the cart. That will increase the amperage flow through all of these components. Eventually, something will melt. Is convert to a solid state setup. Check with ScottyB, he has great kits
I agree to all of this
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #10
Fishnnmore
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again guys!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car