lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2014, 07:40 PM   #21
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Couple of wiring questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Not trying to get too many voices in here but, you should be able to test the solenoid off the cart. Put 48 volt pos to one small terminal and 48 volt neg to the other. The selonoid should close / snap shut when you do this. Take one or both wires off and it should open / unsnap. While it is closed The two large post should show connected with ohms meter.
Thanks a lot for that. I checked both small leads to the solenoid and they were both 48v positive. I disconnected the left (Black with white stripe) and ran a jumper straight from end battery negative to that pole and when I turn the key, the solenoid pops. SUCESS!!
Merlinhaggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #22
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

TahoeDawgZ71,

I did everything you said. Removed the OBC (that felt really good) wired it like you said.

I still didn't get a solenoid click. Like the post above, I tried what he said and did get a click, so, it looks like Black and white wire to pin 13, is doing something weird.

I can always run a straight 48 - to the solenoid but I feel like its something bigger.

So, key lights up solenoid, I'm in FWD, press pedal and nothing more than the solenoid click..

At least I'm good up to the solenoid.

I have another controller Ill try. I figured it was bad at the beginning so I bought another. I think I burned the new one up. Maybe the old one is ok..

Ill wait and install the resistor on the solenoid, install the other controller and see what happens.

Its very possible that my motor controller is bad. I check it at the pedal and see 48v coming out when the pedal is pushed. I also see the volts coming in at the 16 pin connector on the controller.

Unless anyone has another idea.

Thanks a lot Guys!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #23
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinhaggard View Post
I will.

You said, "All you have to do is locate the six pin connector behind the OBC, unplug it, and permanently jump the red wire to the blue wire on the vehicle wire harness."

Since Im removing the OBC, Im assuming you mean the red wire from the top connector, and connecting to the blue in the main harness.
You've lost me here. Both of the wires are in the six pin connector. One is pin 2 and one is pin 6.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:21 PM   #24
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
You've lost me here. Both of the wires are in the six pin connector. One is pin 2 and one is pin 6.

I got it. Sorry.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #25
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well, I have an update.

I installed the resistor
Connected the red and blue per TahoeDawgZ71

Rechecked my wiring.

Here's what I get.

Turn the key on= 48v to solenoid. With a Neg jumper wire running to the Blue and white on the solenoid, it clicks.

I checked the Blue and white at the connector and it shows 24v. When I turn the key on, the - voltage drops to 6 or below.

So with the neg jumper, I turn the key on and solenoid clicks, I have power across the polls and 48v to both the Green and orange on the controller to the motor.

When I push the pedal in fwd or reverse, I get nothing to the blue and white to the motor.

Im not positive about how to test the pedal assy, but I see power going in and when I push the pedal, I see power going out. Cant remember which wire. But it goes to the controller.

So, either the controller or the pedal motor control.

Also, TahoeDawgZ71 I ordered the charger from Scotty. Good guy, Im looking forward to getting it..

Any thoughts? I have another controller. I have no idea if it works. Probably doesn't, but worth a try..
Old 12-03-2014, 08:36 PM   #26
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

If you've confirmed that there is power going into the MCOR on the blue wire then coming out of the green wire with the pedal depressed it rules out the MCOR. It sounds like you need a controller to me.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #27
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
If you've confirmed that there is power going into the MCOR on the blue wire then coming out of the green wire with the pedal depressed it rules out the MCOR. It sounds like you need a controller to me.
Thanks, Ill try the other one I have and go from there. I really appreciate the help. Would you recommend the stock controller? Or do you have any other preferences?
Old 12-03-2014, 09:27 PM   #28
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

I installed the other controller and got the exact same results.

The weird thing is the Blue/White to the solenoid is still not providing ground.

I jumped to the solenoid and it clicks when key is turned. Still nothing on Blue and Orange to the motor.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There a few signals the controller needs to see before it will activate the solenoid.

You can by-pass the solenoid activation, but the controller will not send power to the motor until all signals are present.

Make sure the Tow/Run switch is in TOW when plugging and unplugging the controller.

Set your meter to 200v DC.

Put negative probe on pack negative

Disconnect the 16 pin connector from the controller.

Turn the Tow/Run switch to RUN

With the Key Switch ON and the FNR switch in Forward, place the positive probe on the following pins:

You need to see +48v at the following Pins:
  • Pin 5 - Light Blue wire (OBC lockout)
  • Pin 8 - White (Forward)
  • Pin 9 - Gray wire (Roll away power)
  • Pin 10 - Tan wire (Key Switch)

After You press the pedal and the MCOR switch closes, You should see +48v:
  • Pin 6 - Green wire (MCOR switch)

Turn the Tow/Run switch to TOW.

Reconnect the Controller.

If all that is OK, you need to check the MCOR voltages, but the controller needs to be plugged in for that.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #30
Merlinhaggard
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sergio,

I did everything exactly as you said. With the connector removed, I got nothing at the controller on pins 5, 8, 9, 10 and 6

I plugged the controller connector back in and poked into the back of the connector and got

48V at pin 5
48V at pin 8 but only when switched to reverse
48V at 9
48v to 10

Also 48V when pedal pushed at #6.

I don't know what this means. I was expecting that you wanted me to check the pins in the controller not the connector.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car