lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #21
passthru
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Heavy duty leaf springs?

Well my stock springs bottom allow the cart to bottom out when I add a 250lb hunting buddy or a couple of good sized dead pigs. So I need heavier springs.
passthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #22
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

MDLNB

I would disagree with you statement about sacrificing the purpose of The HD springs. The factory only has 1 leaf for the entire spring. I mean let's face it these are golf carts not quads nor tractors. I can't think of one instance where a golf cart would need 4 leafs unless it's a people mover. Meaning a 6+ passenger vehicle. If it's just a standard golf cart with a rear seat you don't need springs for more than 700lbs MAX. After so much weight it's hard on these little carts. Which causes stress on the vehicle. Which these carts were not built for. In all if someone wanted a smooth ride Don't lift the cart. But for those of us that want a lifted cart with a semi smooth ride I think 2 leafs would be sufficient. Just my opinion.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #23
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymonstertruck View Post
MDLNB

I would disagree with you statement about sacrificing the purpose of The HD springs. The factory only has 1 leaf for the entire spring. I mean let's face it these are golf carts not quads nor tractors. I can't think of one instance where a golf cart would need 4 leafs unless it's a people mover. Meaning a 6+ passenger vehicle. If it's just a standard golf cart with a rear seat you don't need springs for more than 700lbs MAX. After so much weight it's hard on these little carts. Which causes stress on the vehicle. Which these carts were not built for. In all if someone wanted a smooth ride Don't lift the cart. But for those of us that want a lifted cart with a semi smooth ride I think 2 leafs would be sufficient. Just my opinion.
I agree with you. My HD leaf springs are only three leafs, but are probably way more than I will need. I won't know until I add the added weight of the rear seat and a couple hefty passengers (besides me, I mean) I may not have properly made my point, which was my opinion of course. My point was that we have small vehicles and the point of shocks is to make the ride a bit more stable, avoiding the bobble head action when going over bumps. With HD springs, you probably won't get a soft and comfortable ride because you get less flex, up and down motion. Rather the cart will bounce. Am I wrong in my thoughts on this?
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #24
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

No your right on point. I just think someone should make a 2 leaf system made for a rear seat with a 500 load limit. That's 250 a person which is more than plenty and also gives a semi smooth ride. Compared to someone like me removing leafs.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #25
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
No your right on point. I just think someone should make a 2 leaf system made for a rear seat with a 500 load limit. That's 250 a person which is more than plenty and also gives a semi smooth ride. Compared to someone like me removing leafs.
Actually they do make a single add on leaf that is probably all we need in most cases. I regret not going that route, that is all I need for sure on mine. I mean really the only time I'd rub is under rough conditions and with PPL on the back seat I don't drive all crazy LOL
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #26
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

I never saw that add on leaf? Where did you find it at ? And how much? But yeah I would have to agree just a two leaf system is what 90% of us are looking for.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:17 PM   #27
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I put HD springs on my 2003 cart. I then took the old single leafs and cut the loop off and installed them on my 1999 cart with the factory springs. Gave me about 1 inch lift. The ride is not too bad.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:06 PM   #28
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I never saw that add on leaf? Where did you find it at ? And how much? But yeah I would have to agree just a two leaf system is what 90% of us are looking for.
http://www.cartpartsplus.com/add-a-l...20eaf%20spring

from our sponsor.
Old 05-15-2015, 04:10 PM   #29
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well **** kick me right in the NUTS. If I would have known I would have saved $75.00
Old 05-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #30
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

yea me too and no squeeks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car