lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2015, 11:14 AM   #31
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Batteries not charging fully

They all look close enough not to worry about. If it runs OK I'd put it back together and wouldn't worry about it until something more serious shows up. Or you could compare the batteries under load. Hook the meter to each battery individually and drive a few hundred feet up hill preferably and then compare the readings.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #32
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

It does drive fine... Just trying to optimize everything. I tried trading it in for a 09 precedent yesterday but the guy didn't want to give me anything for mine. So I'll keep this one for a while
RKeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #33
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

I was going to trade mine also. It's completely street legal. They offered me 2k. Well I put another 2k in it and got a cart better than any new one. Except maybe for the new AC drive carts.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #34
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

Mines just a 98 ds... They guy offered me 1095. Which is less than I paid for the cart and mine has brand new batteries, totally street legal for our town. They called my wife today to talk about it again but they blew that
Old 05-21-2015, 12:42 AM   #35
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
They all look close enough not to worry about. If it runs OK I'd put it back together and wouldn't worry about it until something more serious shows up. Or you could compare the batteries under load. Hook the meter to each battery individually and drive a few hundred feet up hill preferably and then compare the readings.
I just got home from work and thought I'd come test the voltage again to see if its dropped any and the charger is on....... Idk when it kicked on but I'm at 66.4v on the pack and chargers at ~4 amps. Something isn't right. I don't think it should have kicked on already. I thought it was like a 15 day period before the charger would top the batts off
Old 05-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #36
RKeeper1
Getting Wild

Maybe my OBC is wigging out and telling the charger to come on too soon? I know I can reset it but I figured it was reset when I had the old batteries out before I put the new in? Or does the positive side still need hooked up to reset? Or something on the charger is going out? Since the batteries check out good, it has to be something else. Should I continue to leave the cart hooked up to the charger when not in use? I fear charging and charging and charging will hurt the batteries
Old 05-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #37
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is what it sounds like happened to me. Some how or some way the DC power cord got disconnected and reconnected and the charger went to the equalization charge mode. That's why the voltage went as high as it is (66v). That only happens when the batteries are fully charged. If they were discharged it would go into the normal charge mode.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car