lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
fish1102
Not Yet Wild

Default Torque question

Hey guys, new to the forum, posting anyway. I have searched for a few weeks but figured I'd just ask. I have a 2000 DS that I need a little more torque out of. It is a regen 2, 48 Volt. I use it on my hunting land in GA. It does ok for the most part down there but here at home in NC I have a hill (my driveway) that it has a tough time with. With a light load on it will pull the driveway (slowly) but with 2 grown riders it will not. One has to jump off. It has #4 cables now but I have some #2's that I could put on it. Would that help or will I need a controller upgrade? Batteries are fairly new, November 2014. It has 22x11-10 tires also. Thanks in advance, I would't have ask but I have searched so much my head is spinning now.
fish1102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Torque question

yes you need a better controller i would talk to scottyb he can give you the best advice

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html

BTW TO BGW

never be afraid to ask questions
Old 07-14-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

That's a candidate for IQ conversion PLUS an upgraded controller - the XCT controller itself is not plug compatible with Regen 2....I don't think anyway....(and a Regen 2 controller replacement won't be stronger, because they are just essentially stock).

See "FUTURE KIT-LESS-CONTROLLER OFFERING" from Revolution.

The combination of XCT controller (from Scotty) and the proposed wiring update kit (from Revolution) is the first real performance upgrade offering for those of us with reliable/working Regen carts, with the fewest replacement pieces required (eg. MCOR 4 not req'd with XCT as I understand it).
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:01 PM   #4
fish1102
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply's. I'm really kicking myself for not doing more research and buying a series cart. It seems that they are capable of so much more than a sepex. I will shoot an email to Scotty and see what he has. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
That's a candidate for IQ conversion PLUS an upgraded controller - the XCT controller itself is not plug compatible with Regen 2....I don't think anyway....(and a Regen 2 controller replacement won't be stronger, because they are just essentially stock).

See "FUTURE KIT-LESS-CONTROLLER OFFERING" from Revolution.

The combination of XCT controller (from Scotty) and the proposed wiring update kit (from Revolution) is the first real performance upgrade offering for those of us with reliable/working Regen carts, with the fewest replacement pieces required (eg. MCOR 4 not req'd with XCT as I understand it).
The XCT-PDplus controller is Regen II compatible.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #6
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
The XCT-PDplus controller is Regen II compatible
WOW....Who knew? That's good news for Regen 2 owners. How about Regen 1 compatible with an adaptor & a run/tow switch addition (complex question, I know - and too good to be true, I imagine)?
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #7
gumpbuck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Mr Fish!
I don't have anything technical to add, except that Scotty B will get you all hooked up!
I have a series cart with a 700 amp motor/controller. I have plenty of torque for my hunt lease and still get 23 mph on paved roads. I use my pick up bed to transport the cart back and forth. It climbs the ramps into the bed with enough torque that I'm always worried about crushing the back of the cab. LOL!
Once you get hocked up with the right motor controller combination, you will love the difference.
Anyway, best wishes and good luck during deer season.
gumpbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #8
fish1102
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the welcome Gumpbuck. I have been in contact with scottyb and he is steering me in the right direction. I'm seriously considering the series conversion but he had other options also. I like the thought of the torque and speed you have with your cart. Good luck with your hunting season also.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
WOW....Who knew? That's good news for Regen 2 owners. How about Regen 1 compatible with an adaptor & a run/tow switch addition (complex question, I know - and too good to be true, I imagine)?
Doubtful. The Regen2 "Conversion" controller for a Regen1 car isn't the same as the OEM Regen2 controller. It's designed to operate on a Regen1 vehicle that does not have a Tow/Run switch.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car