lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2017, 11:35 AM   #11
jmauld
Getting Wild

Default Re: Prospective buyer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Get an Ezgo TXT48 or a Club Car Precedent. The Ezgo is my choice between the 2.
Can you share why you like the ezgo better?
jmauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2017, 02:09 PM   #12
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmauld View Post
Can you share why you like the ezgo better?
Doing a little reading my thoughts are this...

EZ-GO is a little more affordable upfront, and down the road. They are referred to as the "THE RUGGED, AFFORDABLE CART".

Pros:
Offers models with Series motors and PDS set ups. Series are the best set-up for future upgrades and PDS is the technology of the future and s programmable.
EZGO’s are well designed.
EZGOs are constructed with a durable, steel frame.
Replacement parts and upgrades are fairly inexpensive and available.
Smooth ride.

Cons:
They are constructed with a steel frame, which quickly erodes in Southern, humid states or coastal areas.
EZGOs do not perform as well on hilly terrain or with heavy loads unless controller and cables are upgraded.
Older EZGO carts were built with GE Motors that are not known to perform well.
The forward / reverse shifter is short and many users complain. Luckily, there is a fix.

CLUB CAR they say "QUALITY IN THE DETAILS" for Club Car.

Pros:
Club Cars are great for hunting vehicles and require very few upgrades to hit the woods.
They handle well on hilly terrain.
They offer power in various terrains.
Club Car golf carts are known for high quality steering.
The stock motors are high quality and run strong.
Club Car comes standard with a light weight aluminum frame that will not rust.
They offer smooth suspension systems.
Club Car golf carts, when well maintained, will last for over twenty years.
Parts are readily available.

Cons:
Club Car owners experience issues with the clutch on gas models
Parts tend to be a bit more expensive than their counterparts.
Club Cars can put more of a drain on batteries than their competitors.

You be the judge. I personally like the looks of the Club Car better. I like the fact that they use an aluminum frame. I live in Southeast Texas and the humidity is relatively high...

Ultimately I may end up with an EZ-GO. There is a dealer near by that services both.
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The post above has a lot of statements that just plain don't hold water. Your car is steel framed. Does it not last? Sure Aluminum frames don't rust. But they do oxidize and stress fracture.
Club Car owners are constantly posting on this forum about MCOR and OBC problems. Other than that they are pretty much the same drive systems operating on the same principles with similar components.
Get whatever is most predominant in your area. Me - I'll be driving an Ezgo.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:30 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Club car = replacing OBC, MCOR, front suspension bushings & Delta plates. Aluminum battery tray corrosion problems abound, seen many with batteries literally falling out the bottom. Lots of off road upgraded ones with cracks at frame cross braces, making cart so flexible the rear body pops out of channels. In my opinion, the only thing "nice" about the steering/front suspension is the super tight turning radius.

If you are in the used cart market, also consider the Yamaha G22, really a great cart too. Best frame & suspension in my opinion.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #15
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to buy a CLUBGOYAM.
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #16
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
The post above has a lot of statements that just plain don't hold water. Your car is steel framed. Does it not last? Sure Aluminum frames don't rust. But they do oxidize and stress fracture.
Club Car owners are constantly posting on this forum about MCOR and OBC problems. Other than that they are pretty much the same drive systems operating on the same principles with similar components.
Get whatever is most predominant in your area. Me - I'll be driving an Ezgo.
Yes sir you're probably right. I actually copied all of the pros and cons from a website I found. I figured most of the info was correct. Thank you for correcting the wrong.

I've always been a fan of EZ-GO. I've driven both. For some reason the Club just seemed to have a better ride and better steering. That's just me.

I also didn't know about the usual problems that Club Car has... Now I do!
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Steering is sloppy on EZGOs, but we've read about several wrecks in EZGOs recently. An aluminum frame would not do as well in a wreck.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm sorry but, Club Car has the worst ride of the big 3 with Yamaha being the best.

Also there is a reason BGW is the best most reliable source of golf cart info in the universe. IF you are smart you will delete that other site from your favorites.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #19
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post
I live in Southeast Texas and the humidity is relatively high...

Ultimately I may end up with an EZ-GO. There is a dealer near by that services both.
I too live in Southeast Texas...within about 20 miles of the beach!

as long as your cart, or the one you get, its something to inspect when buying one, call under it and look. My cart was 6 years old when I bought it....spent its entire life in the area. I did a complete rebuild of my cart so that I knew every nook and cranny of my cart. I found a little rust on the frame, but it was just surface rust. I cleaned it all up, treated everything and primed and repainted the entire frame. it was easy to do....here is my build thread so you can see what all in involved in a rebuild.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/membe...art-build.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:31 PM   #20
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I'm sorry but, Club Car has the worst ride of the big 3 with Yamaha being the best.

Also there is a reason BGW is the best most reliable source of golf cart info in the universe. IF you are smart you will delete that other site from your favorites.
I've never driven the other two, but at over 30 mph, steering gets squirrely on my EZGO. If it's no better on a CC, as stated, then I retract my statement.

As to the "other site", don't mention it by name, as it's a four letter word around here.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO