lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #1001
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

Negative 6 this morning - total snow about 11-12 inches. I've prayed about the power no going out, my prayers were answered. I want to convert my 16 hp Briggs to propane for dependability. Even after a rebuild kit I have some minor issue the makes it pulse a little after it gets hot. Thankfully I didn't have to run the old girl.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2019, 02:01 PM   #1002
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Both of my gens are propane. One is propane only and the second is dual fuel. Since I heat with propane there is plenty of fuel if there was an extended outage.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #1003
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Just see the weather warning of "frozen spray until midnite tomorrow". Sometimes the side of my car facing the bay will have this coating. I guess tomorrow a.m. is going to be break out the scraper time. I did try for the first time one of those circular ones several days ago and on the thin spray ice it did work as advertised. We will see on thicker ice how it fares.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:05 PM   #1004
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see the carsandcameras boys got the modded 420 hemi running. Should be interesting how it holds up with the mods and how they assembled the engine. Biggest question is not notching the pistons and stock push rods with double valve springs and performance cam. Maybe just more duration and minimal lift increase will be ok. P.S. The other angle on all this is what the clone is like minus the balance shaft ? P.P.S Also note they easily started the engine with a pull starter with a billet flywheel. Kind of questions some of the naysayers here about S/G's and billet flywheels. Stay Tuned
Old 01-22-2019, 07:05 PM   #1005
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another success for the circular ice scraper this a.m. with the frozen sea spray. Formed on the windshield and not the driver side windows as I had expected it would.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #1006
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
I see the carsandcameras boys got the modded 420 hemi running. Should be interesting how it holds up with the mods and how they assembled the engine. Biggest question is not notching the pistons and stock push rods with double valve springs and performance cam. Maybe just more duration and minimal lift increase will be ok. P.S. The other angle on all this is what the clone is like minus the balance shaft ? P.P.S Also note they easily started the engine with a pull starter with a billet flywheel. Kind of questions some of the naysayers here about S/G's and billet flywheels. Stay Tuned
A little disappointed they started with an old sparky ezgo for this build. Might not get much useful data from this build as I had hoped for about things like the billet flywheel. But maybe will see the effect of removing the balance shaft on vibration.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #1007
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Another episode of C&C and I see the guys are going to use a series 40 torque converter along with an axle mounted engine. Their speed expectations are way off but stay tuned for all the fun. It looks like the should have read BGW before starting this project.
Old 01-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #1008
gman3850
Not Yet Wild

I can tell you that removing the balance shaft does creak a lot of vibrations on a stroked GX390. I have a 88mm piston and 66mm crank for a 401cc. No it’s a drag motor so I don’t worry to much about it but when cruising at about 3500-4000 rpm. You can feel it.
gman3850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 10:17 PM   #1009
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

OH NO I am getting SNOW. Weatherman said earlier we were going to get rain.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #1010
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I see BIG winds , more Snow and cold temps for today's forecast. Used the conical ice scraper this a.m. to remove 1/4-1/2 " ice. Only had to use the spike smaller cone on the base of the windshield. So far this cheap item has lived up to the ads.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps