lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #21
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My EZ-GO is better than yours

My first car was white, [80 monte carlo] loved that car but hated white! Snow or ice melts off in July! As far as white on carts,,,, well, if you just want to be another goose in the flock,,,
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #22
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
My first car was white, [80 monte carlo] loved that car but hated white! Snow or ice melts off in July! As far as white on carts,,,, well, if you just want to be another goose in the flock,,,
True... but it's like a tattoo. If you want to be different these days... don't get one. As far as white, I think I'll call him Storm Trooper! And in my neck of the woods, white is a rare bird!
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:23 PM   #23
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Went to town on the brakes today... Watched videos and got the gist. As I've heard others say 'It wasn't as hard as I thought." By the time I started it was getting later in the day... So I was only able to get one side done. But at least it's stopping better than it was.

I did alright until I got to the 3rd spring I would call it. The one that's supposed to go on the bracket and tighten or adjust the shoes. I looked at pictures and it helped some.

As always I should've taken a picture before I dismantled, but I didn't. I won't be making that mistake on the other side. I'll try my hand at that tomorrow.

It sure doesn't help trying to loosen the bolt and cotter pin if the drum keeps spinning! This is actually my first time to replace shoes. I don't know what point is time to replace the drum?

It's much easier to determine that with a rotor or brake pad thickness IMO.

Any tips would be helpful if you've been down this road before! Thanks guys!
Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #24
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

when doing brake shoes-i always do one side at a time,leaving the other side as a visual reference for reassembly....saves me the headache of looking at my matchbox sized phone screen-yep,i am still using a flip phone-lol....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:12 PM   #25
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhitsonjr View Post

Any tips would be helpful if you've been down this road before! Thanks guys!
The next time......before you begin such a job.....paint the backing plate WHITE so you can actually see the parts on your phone.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:11 PM   #26
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
The next time......before you begin such a job.....paint the backing plate WHITE so you can actually see the parts on your phone.
Ha! Good one!

Gotta a questions for you guys...

After putting a full charge on the batteries last night, just thinking the number might be a good indicator as to the shape their in.

I did find a D4 stamp, which according to Trojan, means they were manufactered April of 2014. So almost 3 years old.

The volt meter tells me that the Front 3 batteries come in at 6.5V
Looking from the rear of the cart, the left rear battery is at 6.5V. The middle rear and right rear are at 6.4V. The total system is coming in right at 39.0V. I guess these are respectable numbers. You tell me?

Also he decided to put an extra 12V battery in for the radio so it wasn't pulling on the battery bank. I also put that on a trickle charger the other night and it's measuring at 12V. I don't think that good for a 12V battery. Any suggestions on what kind of battery to go for that task? I'm considereing getting another 12V Deep Cycle battery. As the one in there is a 12V car battery. I don't think it will hold up to the constant draw and recharge every once and a while. A dry cell battery for that job has even crossed my mind. Quite pricey, but light and typically outlasts the wet cell for that particular application. From what I've heard...

And as always... Thanks for the pointers and feedback!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Calling all helpers!!!!!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #28
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It appears that your battery voltage readings were taken too soon after the charger shut off to be a valid indicator of their SoC (State of Charge).

The attached Voltage vs SoC chart is for Trojan batteries that have rested about 12 hours after being charged or about 1 hour after being discharged. (IE: Cart has been driven a mile or more.)

Ideally, the "At-Rest" voltage for your 36V battery pack should be very close to 38.2V and very close to 6.37V for each battery. All six 6V batteries should be within 0.1V of each other. New batteries and old batteries nearing the end of their useful life may have voltages greater than what is shown on chart, which is based on the averages of large sample population testing of mature batteries in perfect health.

As for the 12V car battery, it should have an at-rest voltage that is higher than what is listed on the chart since the chart is for deep cycle batteries.

As for what type 12V battery to use to feed the 12V accessories, it depends on how many amps the accessories draw and how much they are used.

12V Gel Cell type batteries in the 20AH range are fairly inexpensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoC vs Voltage - Trojan Battery.JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #29
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
It appears that your battery voltage readings were taken too soon after the charger shut off to be a valid indicator of their SoC (State of Charge).

The attached Voltage vs SoC chart is for Trojan batteries that have rested about 12 hours after being charged or about 1 hour after being discharged. (IE: Cart has been driven a mile or more.)

Ideally, the "At-Rest" voltage for your 36V battery pack should be very close to 38.2V and very close to 6.37V for each battery. All six 6V batteries should be within 0.1V of each other. New batteries and old batteries nearing the end of their useful life may have voltages greater than what is shown on chart, which is based on the averages of large sample population testing of mature batteries in perfect health.

As for the 12V car battery, it should have an at-rest voltage that is higher than what is listed on the chart since the chart is for deep cycle batteries.

As for what type 12V battery to use to feed the 12V accessories, it depends on how many amps the accessories draw and how much they are used.

12V Gel Cell type batteries in the 20AH range are fairly inexpensive.
Very good Johnnie! My findings so far this morning after the batteries being at rest for more than 12 hours are as follows...

Total pack = 38.9V

Each battery equals = 6.5V

Pretty respectable values I guess... Current temp is 65 deg outside. It's been getting warmer in our neck of the woods. Earlier than normal for this time of year, but we've had a mild winter all together so...

Thanks for sharing the chart.

As for what the 12 battery is running it's just a radio/mp3 player with 2 pioneer outdoor/waterproof speakers in a small box. I think that's why they just put a small 12V car battery in there...
Old 02-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #30
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

"At rest" means the trickle charger has been unplugged for 12 hours. Your readings are still too high for each battery.

As for your 12 volt battery, it's already paid for, so I'd get my money's worth and use it until it proves unreliable for your needs.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO