lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2017, 10:09 PM   #71
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My EZ-GO is better than yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Married couple out driving and the husband is wasting no time. Wife exclaims "SLOW DOWN or you will kill us both!" Hubby replies "No, with a little luck I'll only kill one of us."
I would be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind! Hehe lol

Current situation...

Decided to start tearing the controller and solenoid apart last week to see what I had.

Now that I do I was attempting to put the cover back on so I could go on a ride and the bottom bolts are a pain to get together, so I thought I would be smart and remove the bolts that hold the heatsink for the controller. Well it didn't turn out too pretty!

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

As you may be able to see in the picture, this looks like the original motor to me. Is there going to be a problem if I replace just the motor?

IMG_2965.jpg

Does anyone know what the stock motor HP is? I found another site DIY golf cart and there cheap motor starts at $406.79 and it's a 4HP Speed Motor. They continue up the list and for $445.99 D&D Series "High Speed" @ 8.6 HP. Sounds like an OK price. My other 2 things I plan on replacing FOR SURE, is the cables to 4ga and a new Reversing Contactor.

Anyone see a weak link following that?
bwhitsonjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #72
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nothing bigger than stock with that wussy little stock controller, it'll die.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #73
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Nothing bigger than stock with that wussy little stock controller, it'll die.
BONUS!!! Now you have to upgrade that too! I can almost hear that Tim Taylor "more power" grunt from here!
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:06 AM   #74
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Know what the end goal is before you can start upgrading this and that. Everything has to work together. All the components have to be properly rated or SIZED for the anticipated LOAD.

Load = cart plus people thats obvious, right?
But did you know a rear seat kit weighs 100-150 pounds? Than's another person.
And what about tires? 25% taller = 25% in torque loss where the tire meets the turf...... speaking of turf - steep or soft turf takes a lot more power to negotiate than hard flat streets.... and motors? Well, simply put a more powerful motor needs more power.

So what does all this mean!?

It means that a lifted series cart with big tires/rear seat/ mild hills/ aftermarket 8 hp motor ... needs a 500a control, 400a solenoid, SW202, 2g cables, and prefferably 48v battery pack.

PS
I have a used heat sink you need there. Email me if interested
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #75
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Actually found a new heat sink for $35 locally. Thanks for the offer scottyb. I know most of your price was for shipping. They kill us!

Anyway once I couldn't get the screws drilled out of the heat sink, I chunked it in the dumpster and it's gone.

Now I'm wondering what can be used as an alternate to the thermal mounting pad designed for this application? Thermal paste? That has crossed my mind.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #76
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Get a new Alltrax controller and you can mount it on a board

It has a built in heat sink
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:47 AM   #77
bwhitsonjr
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sounds good!

I got everything hooked back up today and charging the batts.

Funny how I keep hearing these weird noises coming from the batteries. I guess it's what they call gassing. These bubbles that come from the bottom and release at the top. I'm not talking about the little micro bubbles, these are big sounds coming from the plates inside the battery. It was making this noise before I hooked it up. It's been about 3 days since I hooked them up. Did some riding around the neighborhood. Not too far.

But boy I could tell I need something else under the seat when my wife rode with me and our 4 yo son. It took a little more to take off. NOT as fast as a cruising speed, and it just felt more weighty. I can't imagine how it would act with 2 adults on the rear seat! Yikes! I just can't part with the whole setup. That's why I keep going back to just replacing the motor, or just spending the $849 to replace everything else and then get the motor later. But it's like I keep hearing, ALL or NOTHING.

That's just the way it is...
Old 02-25-2017, 09:00 AM   #78
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Look at it this way, 800$ and change for a controller swap. OR,, change out your wife for a lighter one. See what that'll cost.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #79
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

How long does it take your old lady to co.. er, uh, finish? Who cares!
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #80
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO