lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Boris
DELETED

Default Throttle response on this '96 TXT is all or none

I'm having MORE issues with this dag-gum '96 TXT ..... Imagine that ......... After setting the new motor in place, the wiring hooked up as it was before. The smoothness of the throttle response leaves a lot to be desired ......... like its an "all or nothing" type of a thing ........ no middle ground. If I do attempt to float the throttle (as in take off slowly). It ends up being herky jerky. The batteries are fresh, the connections are clean and tight the F/R assembly was taken apart and gently cleaned. I understand this electrical troubleshooting thing is more of a hiearchy thing, and thats ok. I just need to know if anybody has experienced this, and has an idea of a particular area that I need to concentrate on.

I HAVE been using the search feature on BGW, and either I'm entering the wrong terms, overlooking the answers, or I'm labeling these components incorrectly ......... Not knowing the correct terminology I'm going shade-tree on y'all.

Inside of the pedal box assembly: What are the specific tests used when addressing all components inside of this box? I'm talking about the adjustment of the plunger itself, the next component that this plunger slldes through ........ everything. BTW the microswitch is brand new so the adjustment on that (I guess) is determined by the adjustment of that plunger.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Throttle response on this '96 TXT is all or none

The pedal box thing you are talking about is called an ITS(inductive throttle sensor) You should do a search with those terms and you will see how to verify it is giving a smooth voltage transition through the throttle at least that is were I would start.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
Boris
DELETED

OK, in brass tacks ....... what can you tell me about the ITS? I understand what the names of the parts are, and I understand how to use the search option. (Still no luck) I'm trying to understanding how they work and if doing so is even worth it ..... The term "either it works or it doesn't" has always bugged me.

What I was hoping for was someone to shed some light on how these things work ...... What, if any descriptions I could give that would point a finger at one particular area ........ as to not end up replacing numerous expensive parts in a chain of electrical components.

BTW, Thanks for the response
Old 03-09-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have a dcs cart then try steps 6 and 7. http://www.studmonkeyracing.com/forums/dcs.pdf
Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #5
Boris
DELETED

The configuration I have looks nothing like the diagram sent (4 pin connector, no tow/run switch) .... now I'm being told this might be a fleet series cart ........ Heck, I might be looking at the correct troubleshooting guide and not even realizing it.

Can somebody chime in and help me understand the difference in a DCS, a fleet cart and what this one is?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes you have a fleet cart if you don't have a run tow switch that is not the correct troubleshooting guide and I am not sure if the voltage at the ITS coil would be the same or not maybe someone more knowledgable with the fleet cart can chime in I would think it would be the same on the its but not sure.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
Boris
DELETED

I got it ea ....... thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO