lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Club Car regen 2 wire harness upgrade to IQ

I'm currently upgrading my 2000 DS from a regen II system to an IQ system. I am about a third of the way through it and am running into some issues.
First off there is no obc plug on the new wire harness, I'm assuming I have to splice and run the wires where they need to go individually. Also by the v glide it's different as well. Have any of f you done this and if so have a go by? I cannot find instructions.
Forty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car regen 2 wire harness upgrade to IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty01 View Post
I'm currently upgrading my 2000 DS from a regen II system to an IQ system. I am about a third of the way through it and am running into some issues.
First off there is no obc plug on the new wire harness, I'm assuming I have to splice and run the wires where they need to go individually. Also by the v glide it's different as well. Have any of f you done this and if so have a go by? I cannot find instructions.
Do you have the right harness? An IQ harness would have an OBC connection as they all had them..... OBC's have their own harness but it ties into the main harness with a few connections.

Look up in the wiring diagram sticky and see if you find anything close. CTD may have drawings, but I doubt anyone has a single drawing meeting your needs as yours putting different years together, but he may be able to mark you up something.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #3
Hunter450
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did the IQ conversion on my 2000 DS Regen 2 cart with the help of site sponsor David Hicks (Revolution Golf Cars). If I remember correctly the OBC plugged directly into the new IQ harness. You will have to convert the V-Glide to an MCOR. Contact David and he'll get you set up.
Hunter450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Is there a part number on the harness they sent you? Send me some pictures.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter450 View Post
I did the IQ conversion on my 2000 DS Regen 2 cart with the help of site sponsor David Hicks (Revolution Golf Cars). If I remember correctly the OBC plugged directly into the new IQ harness. You will have to convert the V-Glide to an MCOR. Contact David and he'll get you set up.
Correct. That's because it was a factory harness. The harness he received was from BuggiesUnlimited.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:27 PM   #6
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ok so I got ahold of BU (didn't know of David at Revolution yet) and they sent me the instructions. You eliminate most of the wires from the obc and the tow/run switch. Basically the way their harness is set up if the key is in the off position it's the same as being in tow mode. Also the HD solenoid the sent me does not need the diode from one post to the other. That part number is 1155 if you care to check it out (again ordered this stuff before knowing about David who is my goto from now on.

Wire harness part number: 39000
Solenoid part number : 1155
Old 08-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

BU engineering (or lack there of) scares me......
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Ok so I got ahold of BU (didn't know of David at Revolution yet) and they sent me the instructions. You eliminate most of the wires from the obc and the tow/run switch. Basically the way their harness is set up if the key is in the off position it's the same as being in tow mode. Also the HD solenoid the sent me does not need the diode from one post to the other. That part number is 1155 if you care to check it out (again ordered this stuff before knowing about David who is my goto from now on.

Wire harness part number: 39000
Solenoid part number : 1155
Hmm... The harness is a bit cheaper than the factory one, but it eliminates the OBC completely. How do they address charging? Did you buy a charger too? Your Club Car charger won't work without an On-Board computer. As for the solenoid, the one you posted the part number to is a 36 volt solenoid and does not "appear" to be a heavy duty design. Send me some pictures of the actual solenoid that you received.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Hmm... The harness is a bit cheaper than the factory one, but it eliminates the OBC completely. How do they address charging? Did you buy a charger too? Your Club Car charger won't work without an On-Board computer. As for the solenoid, the one you posted the part number to is a 36 volt solenoid and does not "appear" to be a heavy duty design. Send me some pictures of the actual solenoid that you received.
So the only wires I'm using out of the obc are black, red, brown, and gray. When I checked that part number on the solenoid that's also what I came up with but they swear that's not it. We'll see on Wednesday lol. I'll snap some pics of what's going on currently and post them
Old 08-08-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
Forty01
Getting Wild
Club Car

Current situation lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2638.jpg (140.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2637.jpg (150.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2640.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2639.jpg (190.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2647.jpg (167.1 KB, 0 views)

Tags
club car iq, regen 2, wire harness, wire upgrade
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car