lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
wesdog
Not Yet Wild

Default LED Light Bar Install ?'s

Hey guys I have a TXT I am installing a 6 inch LED light bar on below my front brush guard because it blocks the headlights partially. Got it mounted and wired yesterday and it blew a 10amp and then a 15 amp fuse. I used a 20amp fuse but that let the wire heat up and it started messing with other stuff (radio wouldn't work and turn signal bulb flickered).

I have a 48 to 12V reducer installed to a 6 port marine fuse block. I am also using a lighted rocker switch. Now I am pretty sure I hooked the wire from fuse panel to AC/DC center prong on rocker switch, Power prong on rocker switch to the LED red wire, ground on LED and ground from grounding block at the fuse panel to one another then to the rocker switch Ground. I unplugged wire since it started to heat up and am asking for help. Do I need a relay? Did I wire something wrong? I am gonna try unplugging LED hot wire from light and see if it blows the 10 amp fuse.

TIA and any help is much appreciated.
wesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2018, 09:36 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: LED Light Bar Install ?'s

I'm running a 20" LED bar and I believe (I'd have to double check) that I went to 15amp before it quit blowing fuse's.

What gauge is your wire? My wire stays cool....as like you, I don't need any unexpected fires!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:14 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Do you know how many amps the LED light bar draws? (Should be given on the label or in the data sheet that came with light bar.)
If not, what is Make/Model of LED light bar?

Also, what are make/model of switch and 48V to 12V converter.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

My LED came with 1 2amp fuse, and 2 5amp fuse's. None of those provided in the kit would allow the light to even think of coming on.

I believe what I did to check the amp draw was use my Multimeter as a bridge to connect the positive wires together. IIRC I got like 11 or 12 amp draw on the meter.

The instructions of my Chinese made LED had no information on current draw.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO