lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I bought an electronic one from advanced auto that I use on my light house at the lake and it only has one led 1157 bulb with the brake and running circuit parallel. Works fine. I will see if can read the part number through the opaque glass and reply.
Thanks - i'm willing to try anything at this point
Role is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-01-2018, 05:15 PM   #12
Role
Gone Wild

Lightbulb Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Not my permanent solution or fix: but I was able to get the lights working by tapping into the passenger side and using an old club car ds 2 way halogen tail light and jumping it off the lights wiring harness.

So the passenger side will work now
The driver side does not. Probably because i did not tap into the driver side and only did the passenger.

BUT, if I use the e-flashers.. ALL OF THEM work - hmmm

I dont really want to use the halogen bulb and tuck it behind the dash. I would rather just have the correct low draw flasher or an electric LED flasher to make them work without the h-bulb.

Or maybe I can get a load draw another way :thought:

I guess it definitely relies on the correct e-flasher with the correct amount of draw to make the flasher heat the coil enough to then flash.

photos and short vid link:

https://imgur.com/a/SP5jEKd
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3338.jpg (143.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3340.jpg (172.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3341.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:31 PM   #13
Role
Gone Wild

Question Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Anyone know what these bullet connectors are for on the Madjax Alpha Body Light kit? i've never messed with them, but I would assume that may have something to do with the Daytime running light or something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3341.jpg (91.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2018, 05:41 PM   #14
Role
Gone Wild

Default Re: Club Car Precedent with LED lights - Turn Signals Not Working Properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role View Post
Anyone know what these bullet connectors are for on the Madjax Alpha Body Light kit? i've never messed with them, but I would assume that may have something to do with the Daytime running light or something?
Answering my own question. That is for the daytime running lights. Short video using same steps to have the daytime running lights....

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ilwcnnzoo?t=55s
Old 07-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #15
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok with an Alpha Light kit, you cannot simply combine a pre existing harness with the Mad Jax Alpha kit. Both the FRONT and REAR harness components must be the MadJax alpha harness. Not certain but it appears as if this could be the case.
Also, at certain points within the harnesses, wires are connected and soldered together which can get disconnected and even short.

Also, you need to test each light by sending 12v to each light option (brake, signal, night time, etc.) on each individual light to check the light itself. Each should stay on while feeding it 12volts. Also test the ground on each light connector using a jumper wire to pack negative.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:37 AM   #16
LouisC
Getting Wild

I bought this LED Flasher and had no problems with my turn signals....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:34 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That first flasher on your 2nd picture on the first post, 3 tab CF13 should work fine since it only needs a 20mA load to operate.

Just make sure you connected it correctly:
+B = +12v positive (red wire).
L = Lights and pilot indicator (blue and black wires).
-E = Negative connection
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:35 PM   #18
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Ultra Low Flasher from Red Hawk is the ticket
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 PM   #19
Role
Gone Wild

It's fixed and I just tapped into each side of the harness and put a 2 way halogen in place for each side. It creates enough draw to make the flasher open and close. Thanks for your efforts.

And yes, the Redhawk Ultra low Flasher is the way to go. That's what I usually use and didn't have one on hand and didn't have time to wait on one.

Tags
blinker, blinkers, brake lights, turn signals
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car