lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2018, 04:41 AM   #11
49erRider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2014 Precedent Movement Issues - Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
The first thing I thought of was that you may have shorted two of the motor terminals when changing the spring. But you said.

Did you have any minor shorts? One small spark is all you need to take out the controller.
Hey now that you mention it my wife did hand me the spring and it hit the motor terminals. I didn’t think anything of it as I didn’t see a big spark or anything. Your thoughts is that could have damaged the controller? Is there a way to test it? Or am I off to eBay?
49erRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #12
49erRider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
With the batteries connected, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to .5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or higher when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR output signal..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors

If the reading is correct, we can check the controller output next as that will most likely be your problem....

Hey man I totally appreciate the response. Where is the MCOR located at? I'll give that a try when I get home today.

Thanks so much!!!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:12 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Under the floor....Black box with the pedal linkage going to it.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 AM   #14
49erRider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Hey thanks for all the responses guys!

Just got back from vacation so wanted to update as well as a question.

I ended up replacing the solenoid, forward/reverse, and the controller.

The cart works fine, the only difference is.

When I went to the bandit motor I had no governing of the motor which I know is normal. However, I also had no engine brake at all. Now if I completely let off the gas pedal the car will engine brake until a complete stop.

I wonder if thats normal and my controller/solenoid wasn't functioning properly before and now it is.

There was one wire I didn't remember unplugging that I found and plugged in as I replaced everything.

So is this normal. Cart operates normal, does the same speed as before, but slows when you completely let off the gas.

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2018, 07:34 AM   #15
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What controller did You install?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Yeah, as there are lot of varying controllers and PQ usually removes most of the regen capabilities, but there is still some because of the roll away brake. I know Robby at PQ told me some time ago that there has to be some just for that, but it is a much lesser amount so if someone is flying down a hill and just lets off the pedal to freewheel, it does not rip the commutator apart.

With an Alltrax you have a lot of adjustment and if you have one it could be turned up... (?)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #17
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You really need to check with PlumQuick about doing Regen with a Bandit motor.

Some motor designs are so biased towards motoring that making them act as a generator can have detrimental results for the motor.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 PM   #18
49erRider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

So I installed a stock controller again. Everything works fine except for that. On the old controller I had none of that at all. Not sure what would have changed? Or if what is happening is okay.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There is a setting in the Curtis Controller that determines the aggressiveness of the "Pedal UP" brake effect.

The new Controller may be set to the highest level.

Did You purchase the Controller locally where they can make adjustments for You?

I like and use my Regen brake a lot, but as I mentioned before, You may want to make a quick call to PlumQuick and ask them if it is OK to use aggressive Regen brake with the Bandit motor modification.

If someone has called them before with this question perhaps they can chime in with the answer.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:00 PM   #20
49erRider
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
There is a setting in the Curtis Controller that determines the aggressiveness of the "Pedal UP" brake effect.

The new Controller may be set to the highest level.

Did You purchase the Controller locally where they can make adjustments for You?

I like and use my Regen brake a lot, but as I mentioned before, You may want to make a quick call to PlumQuick and ask them if it is OK to use aggressive Regen brake with the Bandit motor modification.

If someone has called them before with this question perhaps they can chime in with the answer.

Hey Sergio. I did not I purchased it off eBay. Do you know somewhere in Charlotte I can have that done or are you able to?

I would like to dial it down for sure.

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car