lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #1
OnTheFence
Not Yet Wild

Default Rxv Programming

I have noticed that my 2013 RXV has some sort of safety lockout when attempting to take off from a dead stop on a hill. Is this something that can be programmed out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OnTheFence is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv Programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFence View Post
I have noticed that my 2013 RXV has some sort of safety lockout when attempting to take off from a dead stop on a hill. Is this something that can be programmed out?
There is no safety lockout as you describe. There is a "parking brake" on the motor that is called a motor brake. When you are on a hill and turn the key on, sometimes the motor brake will slip enough in the downhill direction with the combined gravity and motor twist added in that direction... That causes a failed twist test, preventing the cart from passing its powerup testing. Typically this can be cured by replacing the motor brake with a brand new OEM (not HD) motor brake. Do not overtighten the bolts, best to follow the replacement drections. There are threads with correct instructions for replacing RXV motor brakes. Again, do not buy any HD motor brake, oem or not. They are causing issues and have damaged controllers by drawing too much current.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 05:38 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

It happens even with the OEM brake on certain Danahar controllers, often with older software (our rebuilt Danahars don't seem to do it) and you literally have to turn the key on and not move. an. inch. and don't. even. breathe. the darned things are very touchy.

On Curtis versions (2012+) I can turn off the test completely with the OEM handheld. Not sure if i should though, but I've never seen a Curtis version even have this problem unless the brake were removed completely so it's not necessary either way

The actual error on earlier models is #25107, Mechanical Brake Failed. Controller detected movement during the parking brake test during POST.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 02:51 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Houston, we have a problem... As far as I can tell (based on my last order of old-style motor brakes from ezgo), all brake part numbers get you the OEM HD brake now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 08:52 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

CG, Nivel still sells their garbage versions of the e brake.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 09:29 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
CG, Nivel still sells their garbage versions of the e brake.
I'm gonna go ahead and pass on that grass!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO