lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #41
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ive been bamboozled

It is a matter of preference and while you may need 8ft of 18ga wire if the high/low switch is going to be mounted on the dash, if the switch is mounted near the old FNR location is just a couple of feet.

You will also use a lot more 2ga cable for a mechanical switch since it cannot be mounted near the motor like a contactor.

The good news is a failure of any type of switch would not stop the motor anyway.

Let us know how it works and how noticeable are the differences in modes.

Edit: Quick note for other folks reading the thread, only the old single micro-switch style FNR works for this setup, the newer style FNR with 3 micro-switches will not work due to its design.

Last edited by Sergio; 01-14-2020 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: Note on mechanical FNR style compatibility
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2020, 07:54 AM   #42
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
It is a matter of preference and while you may need 8ft of 18ga wire if the high/low switch is going to be mounted on the dash, if the switch is mounted near the old FNR location is just a couple of feet.

You will also use a lot more 2ga cable for a mechanical switch since it cannot be mounted near the motor like a contactor.

The good news is a failure of any type of switch would not stop the motor anyway.

Let us know how it works and how noticeable are the differences in modes.

Edit: Quick note for other folks reading the thread, only the old single micro-switch style FNR works for this setup, the newer style FNR with 3 micro-switches will not work due to its design.

I can deff keep you guys updated.. I pulled the motor out last night and and im gonna send it off today ..
I cleaned up that little stock motor i had since is was full of dirt and brush dust..i had went for a cruise with the gf and it was a solid 21-22 after about a 10mile ride came home and went out real quick by myself and was able to get a solid 23 out of it and found a slight downward grade and it saw 25 for a minute lol and the pack at wide open was around 48.1 when i was by myself so it still pretty charged
And i must say the usual 19-20 i do the 24-25 was a nice feeling

Im hoping that this works out . The low speed also he said should have more torque so thatll be a real plus when go out for a woods ride
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200114-222954_Speedometer.jpg (43.5 KB, 0 views)
Gallachera89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:30 AM   #43
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

hopefully all goes well cause i got a lot of buddy's and they all want to know also
We have a little golf cart meet on fridays at our local BeefoBradys
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200103_205851_238.jpg (177.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2020, 10:20 AM   #44
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just got the call from EMP .. they should be shipping back the motor tomorrow .. Said only thing bad none the less was that the commutator had to be cleaned up. other than that my motor was nice and clean. not bad for a 14 year old motor

They will be sending it back to me with the jumper on the 2 speed posts for speed.. so ill stick it in and see what she does.
My 2awg lugs come in today so im gonna make up the 4 wires to wire in a F/R switch and get this show on the road!
Old 01-28-2020, 09:58 PM   #45
Gallachera89
Gone Wild

Club Car

alrighty then
motor is in the cart
Motor works

Made up some cables for the switch for high and low
Still waiting on a wheel bearing and the bearing stay

once i get it all in i will report back as to how the new motor does

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200128_200558.jpg (119.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200128_211336.jpg (143.1 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car