lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2020, 07:03 PM   #11
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: What am I missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
I too have a few of both cart types (I like golf carts, ok?). It's like anything else. There are pros and cons to each system. The best type of cart to get is mostly predicated on how it will be used.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #12
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
guess your right
Not to worry! The knowledgeable folks here will get the sparky dialed in for you.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:18 PM   #13
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
If you're having 3 year battery life and issues with voltage imbalances, there's something wrong. It's possible you have a 16-12 volt reducer powering your accessories from two batteries. This will cause an imbalance and shorten battery life for sure. There are 48 volt to 12 volt converters available that will remedy this issue. I could go on and on about gas vs electric. Everybody has their own opinions and both vehicles have their place. Personally, I much prefer electric.
I do Not really have any voltage unbalances, the reason I replaced batteries is I had one battery at a lower voltage under load than the others, as I say it is a street legal cart, the lights are wired to one positive terminal in the pack with a blue wire going into a large 1” x “ red holder, perhaps a fuse. That was already wired when I purchased it, seems strange that the head, tail, and signal lights are powered by just a single hook up to one positive battery post and nothing to a negative post. A friend also has a street legal precident, she is in N.C. And her lights are wired the same exact way
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:19 PM   #14
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Not to worry! The knowledgeable folks here will get the sparky dialed in for you.

Thank you!
Old 01-16-2020, 09:21 PM   #15
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Which positive post is the light kit wire drawing off of? The most forward battery on the drivers side? If so, it’s using a 16 to 12 volt reducer and running on the two batteries on the drivers side. The reason you don’t see a negative is because the negative for the lights is tied into the main negative cable for the car. This allows you to draw power from a 16 volt source or a 48 volt source with the big reducer, without ever having to move the negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #16
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

[QUOTE=TahoeDawgZ71;1683406]Which positive post is the light kit wire drawing off of? The most forward battery on the drivers side? If so, it’s using a 16 to 12 volt reducer and running on the two batteries on the drivers side. The reason you don’t see a negative is because the negative for the lights is tied into the main negative cable for the car. This allows you to draw power from a 16 volt source or a 48 volt source with the big reducer, without ever having to move the negative.

Yes DAVID, it is wired to the positive of the most forward battery on the drivers side, I now understand why, would wiring it to one battery not cause that one battery to draw down when the lights are in use?
I have a question about pack voltage, I think it best if I start a new thread for that, please look for it, and thank you for all your help
Old 01-16-2020, 09:36 PM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It’s not wired to one battery. It’s wired to two. There’s a 16 to 12 volt reducer installed on your cart. It’s best to remove it and replace it with the 48 to 12 volt factory style reducer. Simple swap. Takes about 5 minutes. And much better for your cart.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #18
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It’s not wired to one battery. It’s wired to two. There’s a 16 to 12 volt reducer installed on your cart. It’s best to remove it and replace it with the 48 to 12 volt factory style reducer. Simple swap. Takes about 5 minutes. And much better for your cart.

Thank you, that may be the best advice of all. I actually do also have a 48/12 reducer that runs the underglow led lights in the cart. It is wired to the pack positive and pack negative batteries, positive on batteries #1 and negative on battery #6. Would I just remove the positive light wire from the forward battery on the driver side and splice it into the hot output wire on the reducer? Then both the underglow and headlights would be powered by the 48/12 reducer.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car