lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2022, 05:15 PM   #1
MWC "married w/ children"
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Opinions please:

What year do you consider to be the best to purchase a used club car cart? Prior to the electric computer brain carts for ease of repairing/fixing modding? Or later/Newer ones? 36V or 48V? Just wanting your opinion before I make another purchase. This time for keeps for me and the wifey. Thanks in advance for your thoughts. I realize there is no right answer. But before I make another leap, maybe someone can mention something I haven't thought of and what to look out for.
MWC "married w/ children" is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Opinions please:

I’d vote DS or Precedent with the IQ or Excel drive system. IQ can get to 20+ mph being stock with a $30 speed magnet and the excel is very similar to the IQ but speed magnets don’t work so if you want more speed you can have a dealer upgrade the speed code or buy an alltrax.

Either way, especially if it’s a cart you’re planning to keep for a long time I’d highly recommend a lithium battery pack. Well worth every penny! If the batteries in the one you buy are still good you can get $300-400 for them selling them used to help offset some of the lithium cost. Plus OBC $50-100 for it, and the oem charger usually gets $150 or so on craigslist/marketplace as well.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 07:19 PM   #3
demarcor
Getting Wild
Club Car

My vote: Older club car with tired batteries, and convert to lithium.

I've had a few club cars... I wouldn't own anything else.
Just went electric with the most recent one, never thought I would, but I love it. I picked up an '06 Precedent. Everything stock, no lift kit... fancy wheels and a rear seat. Rough cosmetically, needed a pedal group and a speed sensor off the bat. I purchased a sand paper kit from amazon that went from 120 grit to 5000 grit, and wet sanded the hunter green plastic. Never tried that before, but the cowl is good as new! Restored all of the black plastic with little wet-wipe things, a little magic eraser on the seats, and cosmetically we were good as new.

Finally, I JUST purchased the BigBattery.com Eagle lithium kit and installed it. The range is way more than 10x what I got with the lead acids.... and I only bought the 2 battery kit, only 60ah total, with room to add more. No modifications... batteries drop right in (even with an '06 precedent with the electric guts in the middle of the battery bucket).
Now, I have batteries that last for whatever range I need, company that will answer the phone (based in California) and have a 10 year warranty on them, and an aluminum frame cart....Club Car with Lithium...best of both worlds...
demarcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 10:01 AM   #4
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thank you gentlemen.
Old 07-05-2022, 11:02 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

TXT48 comes factory with long stack higher torque motor. Controller access is best in the market as is the ride quality and availability of OEM and aftermarket parts. Simple alltrax upgrade nets 25% more power and speeds of 22-23 mph on stock tires. Big tires are no problem with this motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #6
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Ok thanks!
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:12 PM   #7
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
TXT48 comes factory with long stack higher torque motor. Controller access is best in the market as is the ride quality and availability of OEM and aftermarket parts. Simple alltrax upgrade nets 25% more power and speeds of 22-23 mph on stock tires. Big tires are no problem with this motor.
The TXT is a EZ Go correct? I want to stay with the club cars. The frame last real well down here in S.Florida with all the humidity we get. I have dealt with to many EZ Go's that have been rusted out beyond repair. They look good till you take the body off, then WOW.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:24 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWC "married w/ children" View Post
The TXT is a EZ Go correct? I want to stay with the club cars. The frame last real well down here in S.Florida with all the humidity we get. I have dealt with to many EZ Go's that have been rusted out beyond repair. They look good till you take the body off, then WOW.
Do you have an Aluminum car too then ?
I hear ya though, that can happen in some inhospitable environments.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:45 PM   #9
Summerwood
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Do you have an Aluminum car too then ?
I hear ya though, that can happen in some inhospitable environments.
Yes, if they are not taken care off they can get out of hand. And when they rust it’s not where you can see it, so it grows and gets worse. If you buy one new and spray oil on the frame you can prevent it. But the majority of people don’t care and don’t think of it.
Summerwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 07:59 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwood View Post
Yes, if they are not taken care off they can get out of hand. And when they rust it’s not where you can see it, so it grows and gets worse. If you buy one new and spray oil on the frame you can prevent it. But the majority of people don’t care and don’t think of it.
The Aluminum frames crack at the flex points and the battery acid eats Aluminum at an alarming rate. Plastic battery tubs help with the battery acid problems.
If you mean the steel Ezgo rusts where you cant see it, you do have to get under the cart to see the open frame rails typically subjected to rust. looking under every cart should be part of the pre-purchase inspection. GL with your search.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car