lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
welder108
Not Yet Wild

Default 92 marathon with club car/curtis 1204 S.C

Hello out there, I have a 92 EZ GO marathon cart 36 v with a solid state speed controller. The speed controller fryed on me so I bought one from the local cart guy . He said it was a club car curtis 1204 but we both agreed it looked the same as my burnt one. So put it in the cart and no go, but after chekcing on line I have relized the 3 wire thing for club car controllers. So here is the question, I have taken apart my pot to try to get get the - wire connection. But I relized the whiper and the high side are connected and go to a micro switch in the FNR switch. Can I eliminate this to make the club car controller work or should I sell it on ebay and get the right one?
welder108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2010, 09:23 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 marathon with club car/curtis 1204 S.C

Welcome to bgw!

Check the out put on your pot. It should be 0-5k ohms. The CC controller is 5k-0.
Inside the pot there are 3 connections. 2 wires. Let's call the connections 1,2, & 3. move the wire from 1 to 3 or vise versa whatever the case may be, this should reverse the output. Re check the out put signal and adjust the lever to tune if needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
welder108
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 92 marathon with club car/curtis 1204 S.C

I tryed switching 1 and 3 but nothing happened? My pot has two things hooked up to it ( output for the controller and a micro switch on the F.N.R. switch). 1 is the white wire( both things solder together) 2 and 3 are solder together with the black wire hooked to that. My questions was can I bypass the micro switch to get the three wires the CC controller needs? or am I missing something?
welder108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO