lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 PM   #21
Lets_go_ride
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Upgrade decision - need help.

nope, not 24/7... just 4 hrs per day... but it's almost and could be sometimes 4 hrs non stop patrol. It's actually on a golf course so you can imagine the terrain. Besides normal restroom / getting something to drink breaks, and when there is an incident (which is fairly often) the cart is moving most of the time. But it is only 4 hrs per day (at night). And before you ask, I have all lights and everything beside the actual cart itself running off a totally separate deep cell battery so it wouldn't drain my cart power.
Lets_go_ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

thxs scotty. i really don't know.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #23
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Got my batteries installed today and locked down into the rear bagwell - used some 3/4 alum angle I had in the shop and some all thread rod.

I was at the auto parts store down the road picking up some stuff for the truck and saw that they had 4 ga. battery cables in various lengths ranging from 12" to 78" - is there a reason why these can't be used? It even says for golf cart...
Link:
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0358&ppt=C0005
LizardLeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #24
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Well, just waiting on the last part - the controller. I have my new batteries installed and locked down, the new HD FNR cam installed and working (getting the pivot rod bolt nut off was a royal PIA). I have the solenoid ready to go - and the controller should be here tomorrow

Biggest question now is the cables from the post above...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #25
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Those cables will work, but for how long and more importantly, how efficiently? When recabling a cart we always recommend 4g welding cable with a 400+ strand count and properly attached copper lugs. That stuff from the AP store is for batteries in cars. Those cables are not intended for 300amp+ draws, and those lugs are junk.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #26
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Agreed, they are better than old coroded 6g but not made for DC drive vehicles .... I have seen those used though.... not what I would put in an upgrade where the wire is the amperage highway... Until you get a 4g 13pc set of welding cables your upgrade results will be sub-standard. The performance can only be as good as the weakest link in the amperage delivery pathway.... Which is why we upgrade all the battery type cables to the motor F&R and Controller as well as the few on top of the batteries. I hope this helps.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #27
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info! These were 4g cables with tinned copper lugs so I wasn't sure - my local guy will have my cables done tomorrow.

While I was under the hood I went ahead and installed my 12v accessory outlet in the dash as well.

This is getting addictive...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I think the strand count is very low and the lugs are thin.... Sounds like you are making progress!
Old 01-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #29
LizardLeg
New Cart Security System

E-Z-GO

I wasn't buying the cables - was just curious since they have listed as golf cart batterry cables.

On another note - with the motor cover off over the bagwell I notices my motor is making a very high pitched whine when driving - guess I never noticed it before with the cover on - is this okay or do I have other issues now?
Old 01-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Some whining is normal.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO