lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #11
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: I'm not happy

theres a break in procedure to follow with new batteries as they only are about 75% when you 1st put them in........ things like never run them down to 50 60 % and when you charge them always alway let the charger finish.......no charging for 5 hours and just unplugging and taking off....... keeping the water right...... keeping cables clean and tight not running lights and horns and radios off them..........i know theres a break in procedure listed here on the site somewheres.............but what happened to you is what happens when they arn,t broke in they get a chance to get to full potential and the break in takes many charge/discharge cycles not just a few.....end result is disapointment in your battery preformance and life.....................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #12
bolter
Not Yet Wild

we had a lot of problems with those batteries at work. They just didn't hold up for us, with ALOT of daily driving. That's why we switched to the heavy duty version for people who drive less, and the Trojan T-145 for those of us that drive a ton.
bolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #13
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolter View Post
we had a lot of problems with those batteries at work. They just didn't hold up for us, with ALOT of daily driving. That's why we switched to the heavy duty version for people who drive less, and the Trojan T-145 for those of us that drive a ton.
I took them to Interstate and they put them on a charger for 2 days and then called to tell me they are good to go.. nothing wrong with them .. I have not picked them up yet.. i'm tearing the motor out of it and sending to Plum Quick for a build.. guess we'll see in a couple weeks
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:17 AM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

After they sit for 2 weeks they will be 15% depleted and ready for another charge before use.

Half the battle with golf cart battery batteries is knowing how to use them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #15
Just 1 More
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
After they sit for 2 weeks they will be 15% depleted and ready for another charge before use.

Half the battle with golf cart battery batteries is knowing how to use them.
Educate me
Just 1 More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have no idea who you purchased those batteries from or who "tested" them for you, but in the shop where I work, you would not have been able to simply bring me the batteries loose. I would have requested the cart AND your charger to make sure that everything is working well together.

To perform a proper test of those batteries, you need to fully charge them and then fully discharge them using a discharge machine. The initial readings you posted actually did look pretty good, but not knowing what type of water you have been using since you purchased them, I put little faith in a hydrometer test. Discharge time tells the reality of the condition of the batteries.

as for educating you regarding the break in and usage of the batteries, no offense, but there is a search function on this site and there are literally hundreds of posts regarding both those issues.......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #17
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

good to see you wabbit. been hiding or working too hard?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #18
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
good to see you wabbit. been hiding or working too hard?
they been working me like a dog..... I still read up every couple of days but nowhere near as often as I would like to.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO