lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #21
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: converted marathon to controler but no reverse

The problem there Basshawk, is that most warranties from manufacturers require that the parts be installed by a trained tech to qualify for warranty coverage. The reason for this is that the tech will rarely make a mistake in wiring since they do these all the time, versus an individual that this is their first time installing one. The other issue is that there is no way to know if there was a problem with the controller or with the way it was wired. We DO know that it had to have been wired incorrectly since you were getting movement in one direction but not the other. Will be interesting to see what Scotty can come up with since that company is no longer making controllers though.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the company was still in business they could check the controller and tell us if it was wired wrong judging by what is wrong with it now.
The fact that the cart ran tells me it was working out of the box.
We need to be really sure the POP did not come from one of the batteries. Can you test the batteries to be sure?

Unfortunately, the company that made that controller has stopped all production and communication.
I will do whatever I can to get you another controller at cost if that is what is needed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #23
basshawk
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So what do I do now I have a controler that's junk and now I have to get another one
basshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #24
AzPete
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds about right. You might see if you can find any info about the company, maybe thru a lawyer, and see if they have any action against them for recovery.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk View Post
So what do I do now I have a controler that's junk and now I have to get another one
This could be the case if they were still in business or not.
Every one of their controllers were bench tested before they left their factory.
If it does not work now it is most likely a result of something that happened to it during the installation.
Like I said before, as a former dealer of Logisystem Controls, I am doing what I can to help my customers who have problems with them in terms of replacement. PM me if you are interested in replacing the unit.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #26
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk View Post
Converted it yeterday was working but had no reverse this am checked wiring again and connect f r switch correctly then pop it was working fine before convertng just slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPete View Post
Sounds about right. You might see if you can find any info about the company, maybe thru a lawyer, and see if they have any action against them for recovery.
The fact he admitted that he had the controller wired incorrectly and was running the cart would automatically exonerate the manufacturer from any liability in this case.

I hate to say it, but this is one of those cases where the Customer tried to save a few $$ and the result was something installed incorrectly that will end up costing the customer more $$ than if he had gone to a pro and had the work done. If a Tech wires something wrong, they are liable for the repair, when an individual does it, then the only one to blame is the individual
Old 08-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #27
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Basshawk, I feel for ya. I hope this was not an expensive lesson on wiring. I have a logitec controller also..did not know they are out of business or appear to be. Before giving up the controller, check everything else again as scottyb has indicated. Could be something else. I got a real loud pop when I miss wired my solenoid. If it is the Controller, try finding a used one from someone upgrading or an old cart.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #28
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Just an update on this thread since it has had 400 views I suspect it is a topic in which alot of people are interested.
Basshawk has told me that he has taken the motor apart and found a field coil has had a melt down. This would certainly have taken the controller out. A motor continuity test can confirm a short in the motor. Remove all cables from S and A terminals and check continuity. You should have continuity between S1 and S2 and between A1 and A2 but none between any A and any S terminal.

I am working to get Basshawk a replacement. Hope this helps somebody
Old 08-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #29
basshawk
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

No deal wantsz to charge ful price for another controler i
basshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Let me see if I understand this correctly.....

You asked for advise (in another thread) regarding upgrading your resistor cart that was running 22" tall tires (which really is hard on the motor to begin with) and Scotty came through with all the components you need to perform the upgrade.

You installed the components incorrectly and came here asking for advise on the possible problem. To which the membership responded in spades and assisted you in tracking down not only the wiring problem, but also the fact that there was internal damage to the motor (likely caused by both the running of larger tires at 36v as well as hooking the new controller up incorrectly).

In the process of all this you managed to blow the brand new controller and expected the warranty to cover your mistake in wiring and internal short in the motor. A condition to which you were informed that not only is the manufacturer no longer in business but regardless the warranty would not cover damages done by the end user anyway.

Scotty offered to sell you a replacement (and knowing Scotty at a reduced cost), to which you come back on here and act like he is trying to rip you off?

Have I got the facts right? Did I miss something here? I see a respected forum member that has gone out of his way to try to make things work for you, yet I get the impression that you feel he should give you a replacement at no charge even though you are the one that fried the controller by incorrectly installing it (and please don't come back with some lame BS about bad installation instructions because we all know Scotty makes some of the most idiot proof installation instructions that go FAR beyond what any other dealer does).

What exactly were you expecting??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO