lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #31
TRXHemi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: converted marathon to controler but no reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
Let me see if I understand this correctly.....

You asked for advise (in another thread) regarding upgrading your resistor cart that was running 22" tall tires (which really is hard on the motor to begin with) and Scotty came through with all the components you need to perform the upgrade.

You installed the components incorrectly and came here asking for advise on the possible problem. To which the membership responded in spades and assisted you in tracking down not only the wiring problem, but also the fact that there was internal damage to the motor (likely caused by both the running of larger tires at 36v as well as hooking the new controller up incorrectly).

In the process of all this you managed to blow the brand new controller and expected the warranty to cover your mistake in wiring and internal short in the motor. A condition to which you were informed that not only is the manufacturer no longer in business but regardless the warranty would not cover damages done by the end user anyway.

Scotty offered to sell you a replacement (and knowing Scotty at a reduced cost), to which you come back on here and act like he is trying to rip you off?

Have I got the facts right? Did I miss something here? I see a respected forum member that has gone out of his way to try to make things work for you, yet I get the impression that you feel he should give you a replacement at no charge even though you are the one that fried the controller by incorrectly installing it (and please don't come back with some lame BS about bad installation instructions because we all know Scotty makes some of the most idiot proof installation instructions that go FAR beyond what any other dealer does).

What exactly were you expecting??

TRXHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO