lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Very strange way CC connects this device
It's very strange the way CC wires EVERYTHING. WAY too complicated for the task.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #12
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Stop: That is not a 48 to 12 volt converter. I bet it's a 16 to 12 volt reducer. It probably goes from the neq side of controller to positive side of the battery terminal that has 16 volts.

Wait for a pro to confirm. CC is too cheap to install a factory 48 to 12 volt converter. The extra money they spent on putting in the 6 batteries was taken from somewhere. Just kidding. Wait for a pro to answer.
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:14 AM   #13
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

steve that is a 48 to 12 volt reducer but its not something that was done factory that was put on afterwards by a dealer or owner.......thats the new reducer they sell for C.C. i have seen a ton of them that a buddy of mine sells........its nothing more than the older style longer one that used to be mounted on framerail remember them...............they just redesigned it............i would get rid of that plate its mounted to and mount it right to the frame somewhere, i,m not sure if thats part of the problem but i have never seen one with a plate under it........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM   #14
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Wow shadow, I would have never thought that little thing could reduce a pack to 12 volts. It looks so, well, "cheap" is the word.

How many amps is it good for? I can't imagine anymore than 5-10, at best.

Thanks for sheding some light on this and have a great T.G. !
Old 11-23-2011, 08:27 AM   #15
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Hmmm . . his instructions say to hook the accessory positive to #5 battery . . wouldn't that make it a 16-12v reducer? . . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:57 AM   #16
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m not sure how they hook up and to be honest there is a chance you might be right but i have never seen a reducer that looks idendical to the 48 to 12 that was not a 48 to 12..........and that is a C.C. reducer but its not one that is C.C. specific C.C. dealers reccomend using that reducer.....like i said my buddy who is a dealer has a box of them he sells for like 70.00 bucks and thats the one he puts on all his carts minus the plate...........i would be interested in seeing if its not a 48 to 12 and if anything changes without that plate under it........anything is possible .............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well if this is indeed the style CC uses then I guess the factory wiring harness does not come into play with their reducer
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #18
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
Well if this is indeed the style CC uses then I guess the factory wiring harness does not come into play with their reducer
Depends . . . longhorngolfcarts is installing this into a DS . . . my 06 DS does not have a factory harness for lights, even though it has the 4-12v configuration . . seems to be a Precedent only thing?? . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Exclamation Re: Factory Voltage limiter installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Depends . . . longhorngolfcarts is installing this into a DS . . . my 06 DS does not have a factory harness for lights, even though it has the 4-12v configuration . . seems to be a Precedent only thing?? . .
Your right, I forgot this was a DS
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 AM   #20
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
Hmmm . . his instructions say to hook the accessory positive to #5 battery . . wouldn't that make it a 16-12v reducer? . . . .
Yes it would. That thing must be a 16-12 reducer, or the instructions are wrong. The OP should try it from the # 5 positive and see what happens. So ground to the controller like it says and get your pos from the #5 positive. (do yourself a favor, and verify with a meter first). Then hook it up and check the volts coming out of it. If it works, you are good to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car