lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #1
millerj431
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 EZGO TXT 36v too slow going up hill

I have a 2003 EZGO TXT 36v fleet series golf cart that tends to barely climb hills at my golf course. I have had the cart for almost a year now and have put brand new batteries on it and I am satisfied with the level ground performance but the slightest incline brings the cart to a snails pace. My question is do I need to replace the controller, motor, solenoid to gain more torque and power to maintain speed up a hill? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and where to get the above at good prices. Thank you!
millerj431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 EZGO TXT 36v too slow going up hill

The controller limits the amount of amperage the motor can access. This limits how much torque the motor produces, which is why it slows on the hills... You can increase the amount of amperage the motor gets with a bigger controller. You will also need to upgrade the amperage delivery system. In a series cart that includes the solenoid, F&R, and all the cables.
Shop at cartsunlimited.net
http://cartsunlimited.net/Custom_Options.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2003 EZGO TXT 36v too slow going up hill

Scotty is right.

i would start with goin bigger on wires size 4ga minimun, if not satisfied than go bigger on everything else.

I have made alot of customers happy just buy going to 4ga cable instead of 6 ga.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO