lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Hate to ask this here but here goes

Saturday My son and I went to the salvage yard- I use a invacare panther LX4
mobility scooter. on our way home, a rachet strap broke and the cart flipped off.
It was weird watching your cart flip end over end 4 times.

here is the damage It broke a spindle- it can not be welded because of the material- magnets wont stick to it

and the cap got ripped off the tiller ( stearing)

Invacare says they do not give out wiring diagrams, because they would be liable if I messed up the wiring and someone got hurt- now that sounds like BS for sure
and the spindle is broke, it looks like a material that I will have to find a tig welder for trying to weld it back togerther or find a great fabricator and make a new spindle?

any suggestions would be appreciated- Its a 24 volt electric scooter
and it gets me around- I dont know people on the other boards- everybody round here has always been more than helpfull

I do appologize for posting it here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1353976197047.jpg (34.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1353976208517.jpg (35.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1353976216454.jpg (41.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1353976222279.jpg (36.8 KB, 0 views)
csport is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hate to ask this here but here goes

here is what it looked like before flipping off the carrier

thanks
Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Invacare_Panther_LX-4.jpg (20.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Maybe you could take the pieces to a fab shop and ask them to make a replacement arm or rod, whatever that is.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
jlhog
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Is there enough room to drill holes in both parts and put a steel plate on each side to reinforce it?
jlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

A decent welding shop can repair your steering knuckle. It looks like an aluminum alloy. You mentioned a wiring diagram. What happened to the wiring? I could be totally wrong, but I believe these little carts are just a small version of a golf cart ( electrically speaking, that is )
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Why can't replacement parts be sourced for it? Seems like someone, somewhere has to repair those things.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
csport
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The scooter has been discontinued and they are not repair friendly- well not at least with my first attempt-\

When I said I broke the sterring knuckle- spindle, the guy said he has never heard of those breaking- and then I had to tell him that the cart flipped at least 4 times when it came off the carrier

You guys made me think, I know a customer that builds drag rail frames- I am betting he has some eveil welders

I also wonder if i can find a go cart spindle and cut and reweld the ends- I knew you guys would make me think
thanks

the wiring all sits in the tiller ( the sterring control) and it came off and was being held on by the horn wire,

so I have to reconnect the charging station, the knob that increases speed, the key switch and another wiring loom I am not sure what runs through it

i am going to try again tuesday- was feeling poorly and every one at work kept saying I looked and sounded like crap, and go home do not get everybody sick- so it did
Old 11-27-2012, 06:06 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

You might want to try calling again and ask for someone from engineering. I was successful in obtaining a schematic for a blown UPS, by agreeing to sign a non-disclosure statement.

You might also ask for a local factory service center. They might be more willing to help. A hospital or pharmacy may also know where they can be repaired. I gotta believe there's a market for used ones, but maybe not.

As for your crud, I hope it's not what I caught over the weekend, though it might be a good way to shed a few unwanted pounds from all the Thanksgiving food.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Sorry to hear about the mishap.
You probably have the owner's manual, but maybe not the parts manual.
Anyway, here they both are.

Looks like the broken part might be contained in the steering assembly kit.
Unfortunately, the part number has a NLA suffix, meaning "No Longer Available", as does most everything else for a LX4.
However, there might be some floating around out there somewhere.

If you can find a Home Medical Equipment provider in your area that has Invacare products, they probably have someone that takes care of the stuff they rent out, or at least they ought to because it is required to be periodically inspected for safety and operation.

Also check with the Clinical Engineering departments (often called Biomed and what I used to do before I retired) and Plant Operations at the local hospitals. Invacare does make some equipment used in hospitals and the maintenance guys and gals are good resources.

Don't overlook the purchasing department either, I always had an addendum attached to all medical equipment purchase orders that required complete technical documentation (Schematics, service manuals, Etc.) and the bill wasn't paid until Clinical Engineering gave their approval. No manuals - no money. Of course, that is of no value to you, but is is surprising what can be obtained through the sales department. Remember, most companies are ran by accountants and sales is king.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf manual-invacare-panther-lx4.pdf (1.03 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 99_142.pdf (1.99 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 AM   #10
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Don't you watch TV? Just get a Hoveround - for little or no cost!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO