lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
razor1
Gone Wild

Default Speed Chip etc on a Curtis 1264 controller - EZGO Shuttle

I'm trying to speed up a shuttle 6. Already put big tires on it, changed the gears and am only running 23 mph. The controller is a Curtis 1264 (also knows as the PDS 2), which according to the wiring diagrams has a spot on the harness for a performance chip (unlike the standard PDS where the chip plugs into the controller itself). In speaking to EZGO they claim this was an idea that was never fully developed.

Has anyone been able to speed up these controllers, with either a performance chip or the use of a programmer? I know many have talked about it, but has anyone actually done it?
razor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
razor1
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed Chip etc on a Curtis 1264 controller - EZGO Shuttle

So I was able to get some information from EZGO regarding these carts, finally.

The controller has a leash that will allow a "speed chip", similar to the standard PDS just not plugged directly into the controller. The problem is that the chip will only slow the cart down, not speed it up. With no chip, the cart is meant to max out at 13-15mph with aggressive braking. The "red chip", which on a PDS 1 is the freedom/speed chip, will only change the braking from aggressive to mild, not affect speed. All other chips will adjust the speed down.

Looks like the only way to speed these carts up is to change the gears or start swapping the controller/motor.

Also, interesting enough, Alltrax currently does not support this cart according to them.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
mavers
Not Yet Wild

Hi,
I just got a stock 1996 pc 955 shuttle.
I want to make it faster on flat and hilly paved roads. Did you get your cart converted so it has some pep?
thank you
Todd
mavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
razor1
Gone Wild

I'm not sure if the 1996 shuttle has the same controller as mine. To speed up my cart I ended up putting a lift-kit and larger tires plus changing the gears. Chipping the controller was not an option for me, but the other modifications gave me the 25 mph I was looking for.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Send a pic of the plug in question, I'm betting it's going to be a pic of the diagnostic/programming port. If that turns out to be the case, it is able to be reprogrammed for more speed if you know how.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO