lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-22-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
tahmm1
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs down AllSports durability stink

Built a 1998 clubcar from the ground up. Its primary function was to be a hunting cart. New controller and all elec. components brand new. New high speed high torque motor. Heavy duty springs bed seat combo, roll cage, brush guard, front basket, and gun racks. New black wheels and 23 inch bear claw tires. Last but not least the allsports supersport 6 inch lift.... Everything has performed like this sight and scotty b said except for this lift. Everything was done to the cart the lift and tires was the last thing added. The lift was installed Sept. 2011. All was good thru bow and rifle gun season(ended in Jan 2012) Then turkey season in April going up a pretty steep hill it was muddy with some ruts and bang. Broke the top spring on the lift. Which in turn ruined the bottom spring cause i kept using it (it was the middle of turkey season) After season called the company where purchased to see about replacement. They give me allsports #. So i called allsport and explained the issue of the part that broke. She says sure you can buy the replacement parts. I say ok cause it has been off road not abused( no wheelies or jumping) just hauling deer and supplies offroad but that abuses the back not the front. So $60.00 plus shipping i get the new springs and install them. Back in business so i think. Last night 12-21-12 im huntn the first snow in MO i cross a creek and bang snap the bolt and spring AGAIN PI$$ed Now what to do. Took one of the rear springs i took off cut it to length installed with a grade 5 bolt We will see what happens . Side note my brother has an ez go with stock flimsy front spring and jakes spindles we drive the same places and he has no issues. Eating my words i said to him during the builds look how cheesy and week yours is compared to mine (allsport supersport) boy was i wrong. Sorry for the rant but not happy missed a good day of hunting working on my cart which i enjoy just not during hunting season !!!! tahmm1
tahmm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

Default Re: AllSports durability stink

So the lift was only 7 months when it originally broke, and now its broke again? Seems to me they should have given you the needed parts after only 7 months instead of making you buy them. Jakes reigns supreme in my book as far as golf cart lift kits go.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

. . . we tend to forget these are golf carts, not ATV's . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
txbonds
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
So the lift was only 7 months when it originally broke, and now its broke again? Seems to me they should have given you the needed parts after only 7 months instead of making you buy them. Jakes reigns supreme in my book as far as golf cart lift kits go.
I've never seen an allsports in person, but when I just picked between their 4" super sport lift and the jakes 4" double a-arm lift, I chose the jakes for two simple reasons.

I had a jakes 3" spindle lift so I was somewhat familiar, but the main reason was that I could see in the pictures that jakes had take extra steps to weld on a brace to the spindle and to me it just made sense that it would be more durable in that specific joint, so I went with jakes.

Again, I've never seen an allsports lift in person, but comparing equivalent product pictures the jakes appeared to go the extra step. FWIW.....

Hope you get it fixed and squared away.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #5
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

That`s would piss me off to. How`s the rest of the lift holding up ?
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

I guess everybody has their own issues. I've installed hundreds of them and never had anything break.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's good to know that's what I'm going with on my next cart.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
tahmm1
Not Yet Wild

i know these aren t atv s i have a honda rancher and a side x side. It is not treated like one just hauling people and gear. Through off road terrain yes but not crazy stuff. I built this for the quiet issue and yes it is great for that. Know issues with anything else. I expected elec. issues way before lift issues. Will def do something different this summer. No i didn t expect them to pay for it i broke it But twice in a year come on. Like stated above my brothers ez go is doing fine with a spindle lift and stock spring same use and terrain go figure..
Old 12-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
tahmm1
Not Yet Wild

Other then it starts squeeking after a while of use i take apart and oil with slick 50 no other issues just the top spring. The golf cart is holding up fine. This isn t a golf cart issue its an offroad add on that should be built like one
Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

What parts would starts squeeking ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car