lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 09:46 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: AllSports durability stink

I tried to contacted this company many times without a reply?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #22
Clubcar555
Not Yet Wild

I just installed a 6" Allsports kit on my 99 DS. Had 2 issues, paid for a super sport lift and got the regular rear lift set up with the single U bolt per side. Called them and they sent me the Super sport kit right away.
Only other problem was thay sent the wrong off set wheels. Apparently not their fault but their vendor for the wheels.

My biggest gripe is the lack of good instructions. The install could be done faster with more clear instructions.
I realize it's not rocket science but why not make it easier.
Clubcar555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #23
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I tried to contacted this company many times without a reply?

I got in contact with him both times I called out there Scotty... I heard that he does alot of desert racing and isn't in the office much...
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

I just installed a allsports lift on my new hunting cart it was the easiest lift that I have installed yet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #25
DJBlade
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahmm1 View Post
... This isn t a golf cart issue its an offroad add on that should be built like one
Unfortunately, this is just a lift kit for clearance and looks. It is by no means an "off road" lift. It, like all other lifts, has no independent suspension parts, limited travel, and no shocks to speak of ( only the club car "dampers" they call shocks ). I see too many people want these carts to perform off road as well as a vehicle built for that purpose. They do make a long travel kit....but get ready to pony up the $$$. I too have installed well over a hundred of these lifts, and have yet to see one break. Only had one come back because a nut backed off and fell out.
DJBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #26
tahmm1
Not Yet Wild

Not sure what you think i use this for. Yes it is offroad meaning not on the road but its not abused jumped wheelies and so fourth. I have 4 wheelers and a side x side for that. This was just built for the stealth factor and its great for that. Like mentioned earlier my brothers ez go has a jakes spindle with single stock spring and its fine. Not sure if you hunt or not but where i hunt its not like a golf course. When you call the company for there recommendation of which lift to get and they recommend the super sport for duability. So they either are or aren t built for off road use if they aren t the manufacture should of told me that cause i would of looked elsewhere. But since everybody has installed 100 s with no issues. I guess that is supposed to help me out somehow. Oh well just shareing my experience. Thought thats what sites like this were for. Needless to say i ll have a hard time spending money with them again. So in my opinion they still stink for durability. For looks and lift they should be fine but I built mine to use. Thanx tahmm1
tahmm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #27
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

If your looking for a "rugged offroad" lift. Try Strech Plastics long travel. They make them for the EZGO still.
It will be able to do what you want it to do but it will be over $1,100 Hope this helps!

Tonka
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #28
tahmm1
Not Yet Wild

Thanx Tonka will definately look into them if future problems arrive. Really not sure I need a long travel as speed is only 18 mph. This was built as a torque horse for hunting. Thanx tahmm1
tahmm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #29
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I also have installed several with no leaf spring issues.

I would try going directly to club car to get a hd rear spring pack.

It would be interesting to know where everybody sources their springs from. I can't imagine there being that many suppliers,
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car