lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Georgia Jeff
Not Yet Wild

Default How hot should your motor get?

I used the search feature and did find some information about this topic but not exactly what I am looking for. I have a 07 Club Car DS with 6 new 8 volt batteries, stock motor and controller, 23 inch tires and a 6 inch lift. The cart is set on speed setting 3 with fast acceleration. It rides awesome but I did notice today that after riding around for about 30 or so minutes (on grass and pavement, some 8 mph or so driving and some 14 mph driving) that the motor was hot to the touch. You could put your hand on it for about 2 seconds but then had to pull it off. The cart ran fine without any trouble but the motor was pretty hot.

None of the stock 6 guage battery cables or terminals were hot. All the connections are tight and spotlessly clean. After riding for two days (about 30 to 40 minutes each day) the batteries registered 7.8 volts each and the entire pack was 47.8 volts immediately after riding . How hot should the motor get? Is this normal?
Georgia Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
Georgia Jeff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How hot should your motor get?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

I think if you can touch it for few seconds it should be OK..
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Of course it will get hot, its converting a lot of energy, but I have never personally touched my motors. You did not really indicate any problems so probably fine, stop touching the motor, lol.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #5
Georgia Jeff
Not Yet Wild

I forgot to mention that the speed censor went bad about 2 days after I got it. I haven't had any trouble in a week and a half since then.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car