lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 AM   #1
ArmyVetSgtAdkins
Philippians 4:13

Club Car

Default Installing Ausco Disc Brakes on my Precedent

Well I ordered a set of Ausco rear disc brakes for my Precedent and they say install time of 30-45 minutes, what a joke! I have the mounting plates on and the rotors and will complete job tomorrow as I need to cut the u bolts that are in the way of the brake assembly itself which isn't a big deal to do, to me the hardest part was getting the stupid snap rings off from around the axles so could pull them out and remove the old brake assembly I tried different snap ring pliers but most were to big to get into the snap rings so I ended up using a set of long thin needle nose pliers I had and bend the tips in just a little bit so the would grab and hold the snap rings and that worked like a charm and after that things moved pretty quick besides either having to cut the old cable holder off or turnings it around so the place were the cable holder for the brake lines now face the rear so theyre out of the way, I started to cut mine off but decided to just flip them around.Here is few pics.

New mounting plate and rotors

Bolts I need to cut for clearance also notice cable holder slot facing the rear now.

Old hubs and drum brake assemblies.
ArmyVetSgtAdkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
precedent disc brakes
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car