lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Change, no change

Ok, so I installed an analog battery meter in my 1997 CC DS. When I charge the batteries, the needle goes to the top of the white "CHG" position, just short of the "red." I assume that is good. Yesterday, I drove it about 7-8 miles and the needle still stayed in the white, going to the green line a few times on a fast start and almost to the green on some steep hills. I noticed that after charging and then checking it the next day, it is still in the top of the white "CHG" position. I guess these old batteries are still doing ok.

That said, I swapped out my Curtis 1204/410 225amp for a upgraded Curtis 1204/410 400amp controller. I expected some change on the hills but I noticed no change. Even on inclines, it seems to slow down. I haven't changed the wiring yet from the 6gauge but the wiring is not getting hot either. I do have some new 4gauge battery cables that I plan to install, but I was hoping for more torque with the new controller. Any ideas? Nothing seems to be getting hot and the car seems to operate exactly as it did before I swapped controllers. I am running a D377 motor and Trojan batteries (6x8volts). Like I said, the battery meter shows in the white "CHG" position and only dips toward the green when I put a load on it at a fast take off or on a hill.

Now, the second part of my question. Does anyone know if this Curtis 1204/410 can be programed for speed setting "4"??? I see no serial port on it.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Change, no change

Ok, so I drove the cart about ten miles and the 6gauge wiring did not even get warm. This makes me wonder if I really did receive a 400 amp upgrade to the controller, or if it is still just another 225amp Curtis. Am I wrong in wondering? I drove the cart floored and did not notice any change in torque, or maybe even a bit less than with the other controller. When I returned home, after ten miles, the gauge still showed half white "CHG" on the meter. It did go down to the green line when I floored it from a start. We have tunnels here that go under the road to get to the other side. That means we have quite an incline to get back to the surface. The cart managed the inclines fine, but no different than with the old Curtis 225amp. I thought that I might get a bit more on hills, but it crawls. Even on just slight increases in road level, it seems to decrease in speed to what seems like a crawl. I will be changing out the battery wires this week and am thinking of replacing or greasing the wheel bearings. It could probably like a total lube job. Is there any rear end maintenance on these electric cars? This is all new to me. I did see some grease fittings around the wheel areas. How about the axle, and rear gearing?
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car