lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2014, 09:07 AM   #1
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Anyone near Destin, FL?

I built my uncle a 2001 DS and delivered it 5 hours one way to Destin. He says he is getting a noise from the rear end and the rear axle is "shifting" side to side on turns. I had him check the obvious - u bolts etc. Has anyone ever seen anything like this. With the u bolts tight I consider it almost impossible for the axle to shift side to side, as the springs would have to be shifting side to side too.

Is anyone near Destin/Miramar Beach that is willing to go check it out for him? Does anyone know someone reliable in the area? Thanks in advance. It's the cart in my avatar
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Anyone near Destin, FL?

invision

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/members/invision/
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Could be the snap rings that hold the axle in have snapped.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I guess its possible. But both sides? He said it "shifts" the opposite direction when he makes either turn. He said the u bolts are tight and he cant see any scrap/rub markings or any indication of movement.

I think he's been hanging with Bob Marley but I want to make sure its safe

InVision - you up for the task? My uncle only has basic tools. I don't even think he has a set of jack stands to set it up and see if he can shift it by hand lol
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Spring bushings maybe?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #6
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Will be back in town this weekend. I have jack stands, jack and all the tools.

I know it is a long shot, but my friends EZGO was making a side to side rear end type noise. It was loose wheel nuts. Someone was trying to steal his wheels he finally figured out. The dog was barking like crazy the night before and interrupted them.

Anyway I can go by and we can jack it up and send you videos of the noise and maybe you can figure it out if I can't.

And how come you did not let me know you were in town??? There was adult beverages to be bought !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 PM   #7
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Spring bushings maybe?
All bushings are new. I built this from the frame up. I had him check anyway and he said they were there an intact
Old 05-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVision View Post
Will be back in town this weekend. I have jack stands, jack and all the tools.

I know it is a long shot, but my friends EZGO was making a side to side rear end type noise. It was loose wheel nuts. Someone was trying to steal his wheels he finally figured out. The dog was barking like crazy the night before and interrupted them.

Anyway I can go by and we can jack it up and send you videos of the noise and maybe you can figure it out if I can't.

And how come you did not let me know you were in town??? There was adult beverages to be bought !!

M
Checking the lugs was the first thing I had him do and he said they are all tight. I literally left at 8:30 in the morning and got home at 9:30 that night. Down and back on a Sat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car