lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: YDRE Lithium Conversion - Need new shocks

I took a peek at the Yamaha rear suspension design. It's a fairly simple yet effective swing arm.

Way back in the day when I raced motocross, it was the beginning of gas shocks for dirt bikes, and even more important is we could weld different top mounts and "lay down" the shocks for more travel. Just like today's front end systems we could go from 3" of travel to 6" and it made a world of difference.

I wonder if anyone ever took the Yamaha rear swing arm and attached it to an EZ-GO? Welding for the main connection and the "Pan bar?" would need done.....but would that get longer rear travel?

I don't wanna steer this post off course, but I will start a new thread if this is something that's possible.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha