lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2020, 07:48 PM   #1
89awiley
Not Yet Wild

Lightbulb Navitas on 98 DS resistor cart

I’m currently working on installing a Navitas TSX 3.0 600a on my 1998 Club Car DS but have hit a snag. Being new to the cart world I failed to mention (didn’t know at the time) that my cart is a resistor cart. I was told I was going to need a PB8 Potbox which I have purchased. I’m just not sure at all on any of the wiring as the Navitas book doesn’t cover resistor carts.

I know someone out there has had to done this and I’m hoping to find them on here. Or if anyone knows the correct way to go about this I’m ALL ears !!

Ive attached my current wiring setup.

Thanks !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3D1F5CE0-8554-40C2-82B1-222861ADE175.jpg (15.3 KB, 0 views)
89awiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2022, 08:00 PM   #2
k2sports2002
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Navitas on 98 DS resistor cart

check out the wiring diagram for the navitas controller on golfcartsmodified.com
k2sports2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You can make it work.

However, you are going to need to convert the entire cart to an IQ system and you’ll also need an IQ motor. It’s completely different than the series would motor in your resistor cart. You’ll also need to upgrade it to 48 volts. Most series carts can run 36 or 48v but I’m pretty sure the iq 48v system requires 48v.

Call David hicks at revolution golf cars. Www.revolutiongolfcars.com he’s a super nice guy and will be able to sell you everything you need to make it work.

Edit:never mind just realize this post was from a year and a half ago
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 08:28 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2sports2002 View Post
check out the wiring diagram for the navitas controller on golfcartsmodified.com
What good will a diagram do if he’s got no throttle control and a series wound motor? Is this an advertisement for that website?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:40 AM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

It can be done. You do not need an IQ harness. The TSX 3.0 controller works with either Sepex or Series motors.
You will need to do a lot of re-wiring since you will be entirely removing the resistors and throttle assembly. Once those are out you need to follow Navitas' diagrams for Club Car Series carts and re-wire according to the diagram.
You also will need the Navitas harness adapter (part number on this diagram) to be able to hook it all up properly.

https://167b5b20-96f8-4bb2-baea-397a...f641423a45.pdf
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 09:06 AM   #6
Misery
Not Yet Wild

I am currently doing the same conversion and I'm having issues. I have everything wired up the same as the diagram shows, I get the solenoid to activate but the cart does not go anywhere.. any thoughts? --tyia
Misery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
600a, club car, navitas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car