lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
Deano101
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo compression on one side

I’ve got a 2000 ezgo workhorse. I’ve figured out that my issue is the compression. The side closest to the gas has 160-170. The side closest to the battery has no compression at all. What is my next step?
Deano101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2022, 09:16 PM   #2
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo compression on one side

Well, first, I would pull the spark plug closest to the battery out of the head, and look down in the hole with a flashlight while hand turning the drive clutch to see if the piston is moving up and down. I would guess you have a broken rod and the piston isn't moving. Let us know what you find.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:17 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I second one of the pistons not moving. These have a habit of the rod cap bolts loosening themselves up for no apparent reason and the cap falls off. Sometimes you get lucky and that’s all that happens but usually you end up with a broken rod.

Good news is if that’s what happened, it’s usually an easy fix. If you e got great compression on the other side I’d venture to guess engine wear is minimal and healthy. As long as nothing is damaged besides the rod (which 99% of the time everything else is fine, even the piston) a new rod and you’re back in business. The rods are aluminum crank is hardened steel… rod loses every time.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:31 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Yep had this happen to one of mine. Took it apart and cylinder on the far side from the oil pump had a broken rod. Luckily it was rebuildable.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO