lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2015, 04:30 PM   #11
jungles82
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 club car ds questions

http://m.harborfreight.com/22-hp-670...epa-61614.html why can't u run one of these instead of a big block also?
jungles82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2015, 07:39 AM   #12
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I've been thinking about this thread all week, and do you know what my friend? your seriously overthinking it!

I just saw your post in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungles82 View Post
Looks identical to my 96 except for the black plastic pieces on the rear fenders but mine has been painted so mine could have been pulled off but the seat trim everything is the same. I've been trying to find a carb with a normal choke and make it work off a cable and get rid of the goofy airbox stuff
Kawasaki FE engines are incredibly finicky about their fuel/air mixture, and that's why Club Car designed the air intake the way they did!

Do you need a choke? here's a choke button for $12.00!

http://www.everythingcarts.com/p-488...-assembly.aspx

Do you want your cart to idle? here's a thread that will tell you how to start it with the pedal, idle, and shut off with the key!

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...dle-setup.html

The reason I'm trying to get you to use the factory stuff is not only will the cart run better,
But, I've personally messed with my intake system to try to get every single bit of performance out of it,
and it always seems that I have to revert back to stock (or close to it) to get it to run right!
And also... I'm hoping that you'll get that $100 cart on the paths were it belongs, rather than sitting in pieces because it won't run!

my .02
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:02 PM   #13
jungles82
Not Yet Wild

Yea I wish I could leave stuff alone but all this use less stuff like the governor and choke and pedal start I've thought about it and I don't wanna be limited to factory parts that never really worked that great if there was a car designed out there like these things nobody would buy them. Micro switches who thought of that what ever happened to key start? And an airbox that u push a button like a video game to choke it? From the design it looks like it was never worth a crap from the start plus my battery is one that wasn't made for this thing compare it to the Honda Odyssey and pilots back in the day they don't have micro switches I'm not sure what those cost new and what these did but they were simple and if stuff is way over complicated and I guess I'm trying to just dumb this thing down? I have a 09 polaris rzr 170 it has 1 fuse headlights tailights the only part that is more complicated is the cdi box but it is incredibly simple. And thanks for the links I can use those for now until I get the rest figured out I'm assuming I am missing alot of stuff to make the choke work I know it restricts air flow but I don't see how? But thanks again for the idle mod I'm gonna do this and then figure out the carb issue. And it runs and drives fine steering sucks but is still drivable and I cruise around almost everyday and use it on the farm so it's gotta be easy and reliable and simple
Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 PM   #14
jungles82
Not Yet Wild

I figured it out I have a generac generator with a carb with the hole 1 15/16 apart and it fits on the ds now I just have to get jetting down and I've been able to bypass the factory choke crap and go to a cable and governor and run a regular throttle cable and the engine cc's are close so the carb can work I'll let you know more when I get it done
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car