lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G19 REBUILD-Converting into a Hunting Buggy (Lots of PICS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
The front suspension & steering indicates G19, the brake pedal indicates G19, the original controller & it's location indicates G19, BUT the battery tray was only available in G22.
So what your are saying is I have the ultimate HYBRID? When I bought this, I had no clue what a G19 or G22 or G29 or even an EZGO or anything was.. I have had a serious education in Golf Carts... frankly enjoying every minute of it... I just got done building a bracket system to hold a little KICKER 125 watt amp to boost my stereo system.

When I get done it will remind me of that Johnny Cash song... One Piece at a Time!

Chris Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Russell View Post
So what your are saying is I have the ultimate HYBRID? When I bought this, I had no clue what a G19 or G22 or G29 or even an EZGO or anything was.. I have had a serious education in Golf Carts... frankly enjoying every minute of it... I just got done building a bracket system to hold a little KICKER 125 watt amp to boost my stereo system.

When I get done it will remind me of that Johnny Cash song... One Piece at a Time!

So what You're saying is you are installing 3 headlights? It already seems to have the "A-dapter kit". Lol, that is a great song!
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:48 PM   #13
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

G19 STOCK DASH TOGGLE SWITCH LOCATIONS

Again, staying on task with keeping the original dash to save the open glove box feature, I needed space to place toggle switches for my LED Lights.

So what I have done is cut out one of the GOLF BALL holders to allow room for toggle switches. I plan on getting a small piece of tread plate to 10"x3" and building a cover for these switches. I think this will work well. More pics to come.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #14
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Work called me out of town for a few days, finally got a chance to do some work on the project today. Decided to finally break out the Herculiner and start this part of it.

My plans are to do the TOP, the floor of the rear flip seat, touch up the treadplate floor boards, and my front bumper and basket.

THOUGHTS ON HERCULINER BEDLINER MATERIAL SO FAR: First, I think its going to be great! I want to the hardware store and bought some additional rollers made for garage floor type paint (similar with what comes with the Herculiner kit) and some small paint pans. You will want to wear old clothes, gloves, etc. Also, I chose to do on the grass and glad I did. Its messy, sticky and gets everywhere. Make sure and pick up Xylene for prep and clean up. I even was able to take a jar and put some Xylene in it for my brush. DO NOT try to use a foam brush. It ate right though it.

I was able to get a couple coats on today, plan one doing more tomorrow.

THOUGHT: I think I might actually leave the bottom so the TOP white to make it brighter in the cart... not sure yet.

Here are some pics... more to come.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #15
cgtech

Yamaha

Pretty sweet.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:27 PM   #16
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Update Time: Been working on the cart pretty steadily and things are coming along nicely.

Installed the AMP, 12v battery mount and cutoff switch. I also installed a Schumacher 1.5v Trickle Charger/Maintainer for the 12v battery.

[IMG][/IMG]

The reason for the extra battery was to help for the use of the Winch and Amp which draw a-lot of amps.

The Winch I used came with a rather large control unit. I looked into switching it out to a toggle system however, I opted to stick with the stock switch and mounted inside the passenger side glove box.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I think my front bumper and basket are going to look tough when I get the entire project complete.

[IMG][/IMG]

I decided to paint the underside of my top with Duplicolor Vinyl and Fabric Coating in a gray color to off set all the black and maybe give a bit more light. I like this paint, the only bad thing was the nozzle wanted to drip on me occasionally and I would have to re-wet sand and touch up. The process was, clean, sand, clean with dawn and then acetone, paint, wet sand, paint, wet sand, paint and then clear coat. We will see how it holds up.

[IMG][/IMG]

Seat covers are on order.. I have some work to do on these next. More posts coming soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Appreciate feedback and thoughts..
Chris
Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 PM   #17
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Another Missourian

Looking good been to Bass Pro several times in Springfield. Also Lamber's can't miss the Thrown Rolls. I live in the northeast part of Missouri up around Kirksville. Wife's son lives on Beaver Lake in Arkansas. So we go through Springfield on the way down. Been to Branson several times also.

I am new to carts. Just got a Yamaha G1 about a month ago. I didn't know a G1 from a G anything. Found this forum any learning alot

Got my cart to go to antique engine shows and swap meets. Doing a few things to it nothing like you are doing. Got some larger tires an made a small lift for the rear.Just enough to clear the tires. Leaving the front stock for now. I like the jacked up look. Guess I am old school, grew up with cars that were like that. Also I am getting old school 63 years old school.

Keep posting the pictures. I tried to post some of my cart with my phone but it didn't work. I have a Samsung S7 which is smarter then me.
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #18
Chris Russell
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom's Toy View Post
Another Missourian

Looking good been to Bass Pro several times in Springfield. Also Lamber's can't miss the Thrown Rolls. I live in the northeast part of Missouri up around Kirksville. Wife's son lives on Beaver Lake in Arkansas. So we go through Springfield on the way down. Been to Branson several times also.

I am new to carts. Just got a Yamaha G1 about a month ago. I didn't know a G1 from a G anything. Found this forum any learning alot

Got my cart to go to antique engine shows and swap meets. Doing a few things to it nothing like you are doing. Got some larger tires an made a small lift for the rear.Just enough to clear the tires. Leaving the front stock for now. I like the jacked up look. Guess I am old school, grew up with cars that were like that. Also I am getting old school 63 years old school.

Keep posting the pictures. I tried to post some of my cart with my phone but it didn't work. I have a Samsung S7 which is smarter then me.
Have you ever been to the Bass Pro Catalog Outlet? This is the BEST store ever.... I find it easier to use my PC to post pics. Would love to see your cart!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #19
Tom's Toy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Russell View Post
Have you ever been to the Bass Pro Catalog Outlet? This is the BEST store ever.... I find it easier to use my PC to post pics. Would love to see your cart!
I think we went to it once. I am not really into fishing that much. More old rusty stuff. Have you ever been to the antique tractor steam engine show at Repubic?

Also how about the Grizzly Tool store in Springfield. If you like antiques there is a nice one by the Grizzly Tool store.

About the pictures is there an easy way to get pictures from your phone to the pc?
Tom's Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #20
cgtech

Yamaha

To add pics, click "go advanced" button below. Then click paperclip on next page. Then click "choose file" button (& choose desired file). Click "upload" button. When the upload is done click "close window" at bottom of page. Then finally "submit reply". Works the same on phones or PC's.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha