lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default g16 Has no torque

I have a 2000 G16 that I posted about earlier. The cart has all new batteries, and a D D 20% torque motor. I have 38.5 in the batteries, all cables are good and clean. The cart will run 16-18 with no problem and gets there as it should. The problem is with 2 people going up a Florida hill one has to get off and push. When loading on a trailer if you stop anywhere in the process you have to back up and get a running start???
brokebuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-08-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: g16 Has no torque

yes confirmed all batteries are good under load. Total pack reading when "stalled" 35.2 and the controller makes a squealing/hissing type noise
Old 10-10-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

ok so got my new sr controller today. installed it as directed. When you push the pedal the response is very erratic. I plugged the controller into the laptop and in monitoring mode you can see the throttle percentages going all over the place. Normally I would think the throttle would be bad, but this one worked fine with the stock controller I had all ranges of speed and it was smooth

The directions say to cut and cap off the brown wire from the foot switch, but I thought I read somewhere something else about the brown wire.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #4
brokebuggy
Gone Wild

Got everything worked out. Wired as per instructions with my glasses this time all is good. Cart works as it should.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha